Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 'youth' version of the Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

This is a great idea although for some clubs it could see them loose a few of there rising stars but the article mentioned Real Madrid , Barca, Man City,Spurs, Chelsea, Inter, Milan, Sporting,

All have some great talent and it would be great to watch great to see the youngsters play as a curtain raiser to the main event as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No way are FIFA/UEFA planning this... Its a great idea.

Oh wait, players will be restricted to only those born inside their clubs stadium or training ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That would be brilliant.

It lets the players get accustomed to all of the travelling and what not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

This is what agents & scouts wet dreams are made of

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Great idea but I'd have reservations over some teams attempting to build super teams.

I hope the places are decided on merit rather than senior team membership of the Champions League, i.e Places are given to the winners of the FA youth cup and the Premier Academy League. If this competition was implemented 10 years ago clubs like Ipswich, Southamptonn and Leicister would have been involved which would be great to see.

It has the makings of a great competition but needs some sort of a labour law, something like a maximum of 3 non national players allowed play perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

I think its a good idea if organized properly but it could end up being a farce as the top clubs will want their teams in it, Meaning teams like Southampton or whoever has a great youth team at that time might miss out. Then again the likes of Southampton might not want their young players in it for fear they will get poached.

Also they have to play the champions league music, that really gets me psyched up before a match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

While I love the idea, I just can't help but be cynical towards the reasons behind it.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Good idea . Barca prob walk it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Good idea . Barca prob walk it

Some of the dutch teams would be in with a shout

Advertisement