Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig Buddies no longer

Options
  • 19-01-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

As you may have noticed, the Gigs Buddies sub-forum has been removed. It may still appear on the drop-down box in the menu header for a bit but the forum itself is >poof< gone.

lordgoat and I simply felt that the forum wasn't getting the traffic to justify keeping it open. And any traffic it did get was usually off-topic.

We will however consider opening a Gig Buddies sticky on the main Gigs/Events board in the near future. A condensed version of the forum, basically, where people can organise meetups at gigs with other boards users.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

I never even realised it existed. The sticky is a good idea.

Anyway, RIP Gig Buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I always thought the subforum was a good idea so I'd definitely like to see a sticky instead in the main forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah it was always one of them sub-forums I was comfortable to know it was there,never used it but at least it was there.Sticky would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well if enough posters show their support for a Gig Buddies sticky I will consider doing up one... because I wasn't convinced after I had originally posted this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Sticky would be brilliant !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Sticky would be good :) I having a look to see if I can find some gig buddies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I felt it was OK but for some reason people still think going to gigs alone in this country is taboo, and asking for someone to go with them is even worse, especially on the Internet. Which is partially the reason the forum didn't get the kind of traffic people hoped.

Sadly, we don't live in an honest world anymore, or at least honest enough...

Advertisement