Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listening to RTE Radio on my Blackberry

Options
  • 19-01-2011 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,615 ✭✭✭✭

I have just bought a BlackBerry Bold 9700, does anybody know how I can listen to RTE Radio 1 and 2fm on it? Can't seem to find them on BlackBerry App World

Or does anybody know if/when RTE will be bringing out an app for the BlackBerry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

any update here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I haven't yet tried this but have a look at this...

Link
    You can now get The Stream Center USA & Canada, RadioFeeds UK & Ireland and Australian Radio Online on your BlackBerry Curve, Bold, Tour or Storm.

We've partnered with WunderRadio to allow our stations broadcasting in Windows Media, mp3 and AAC+ formats to be heard on your BlackBerry phone. All you need is cellphone network coverage (preferably 3G) or a wi-fi signal, so you can listen when you're at home or when you're in the car.

The WunderRadio app

I guess you need to search appWorld for the WunderRadio app.
    EDIT: I can't find the app on AppWorld...I guess you need to download via the link above...
    It's also only a 10 day free trial, you pay for it after that.

Have to say I'd much rather something free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

ya thats a load of ****e imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The Nobex Radio companion for Blackberry will get you a lot of Irish stations except RTE.

AFAIK RTE don't allow themselves to be listed on a lot of third party apps.

http://www.nobexrc.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭squonk

You should have gotten an iPhone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

squonk wrote: »
    You should have gotten an iPhone!

Not everyone who has a BB chose it for themselves ;)

My workplace pay for my BlackBerry and also paid for my iPad so I have the best of both worlds...although they should have gone for iPhones imo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 horgag

download tunein from the blackberry app store (its there!!). Has all the irish radio stations including rte radio.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe it wasn't there a year ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I've used Tunein on my blackberry for years. Great little app.

Advertisement