Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry to Nursing! Who else is applying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'm looking forward to Friday, I don't really get stressed about exams but the results day makes me nervous. Best of luck to all on the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lisa dingle

hi, we're nearly there now, very nervous now...

does anyone know what time we should be able to access the results at?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spooky2009

Im so nervous and excited, I think i'll be pretty upset if i dont get into nursing!:( I have no idea what time the results will be available at, but I will be checking early!!

thanks spooky2009, someone i know rang public jobs this morning asking what time and they said that they didn't know but that it would be before 4 or 5pm! was really hoping for 9am myself.... one minute i'm thinking i did fantastic and the next i'm thinking i failed. best of luck for friday

God i hope it doesn't take that long, anyways good luck to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 D_25

do u think we will have an idea by our score?other years ud kinda no if u had a good chance of getting a place if u got a high score and u could just check the nursing careers book for past high scores but this year cos there was a 4th section i duno how the scoring will work. any1 no? also other years ud find out the highest score that a person got so ud no where u were but doubt theyl tell us that tomoro.

205 was the highest score last year, 150 was the minimum. Guess we will just have to sit and wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 D_25

hey! ya i no, i just was thinkin that itl be different this year cos seeing as there was a forth section the scores will prob be higher so even if 1 of us got 205 as a score tomoro,we cud think we did great but really that might be the lowest score this year! wud be handy if they told us the highest and lowest tomoro aswell!! :D

order of merit list is available!!!

link? im looking on public jobs but can't see anything new

edit - never mind it's under the new updates

so the lower your number the better? or what? I got 40

• Advertisement

Well done Will! I got 63 , dunno if thats good or bad! :confused: so do ye think that everyone has their own number of merit or could more than one person be on the same number of merit? Like if two people had the same score?!

Order of Merit List:
    At the beginning of July you will be placed on a separate list for each mature code course (in order of merit) for which you have applied. The position on each of these lists is determined by the score achieved at the written assessment (i.e. your order of merit).

Quota of Places:
    The total number of places available in nursing/midwifery courses is 1570 (standard and mature code) and the numbers for each course are listed in pages 28-29 of "Nursing/Midwifery A Career for You" 2011. A quota of places is allocated to mature code course applicants.

Offers:
    Because of the keen competition for places, not all applicants who were successful at the written assessment will get an offer of a place.
    First offers of places to mature code applicants will take place in early July. If necessary, further offers may be made early August. Offers will be issued by post and may also be viewed and accepted on the CAO website (www.cao.ie).

Important: You are responsible for ensuring that you meet the specified entry requirements and conditions. This letter and the processing of your application at any stage of the competition should not be taken as an offer or an indication of eligibility for the course/s.
    For all further information including information on Higher Education Institutes, Offers, Available Places Competition and Sponsorship for Public Health Services Employees Please see the handbook "Nursing/Midwifery A Career for You" 2011.

In line with best practice, this office provides candidates with a feedback report on their performance at the test. This will give an in-depth analysis of your results and will issue to you by the end of May.

I think the lower your score the better as the chances of the course being full increases as you go up along the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi guys,
    Best of luck with ye're scores tomorrow! xxxx I know how the nerves are, this is an anwful process of waiting and worrying. Its worth it though:)

Scores came out already, they're going on order of merit this time round it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

I got 391 is that really bad? I'm super worried now when you got 40! Does that mean I'm 350 places worst off than you will? Thanks

I've had a look over on rollercoaster and it seems this order of merit list is the overall list i think. So I would take that as, out of 3000 people who sat the exam you had the 40th highest score. You will then go on an individual order of merit list for each of your courses. So you could possibly be number 1-5 in those. I think you've done fantastic. Will you recieve a letter in the morning also giving you your test score??? I reckon your in... well done :D:D:D.

We had our interview letters this time last year, so we didn't have any scores.. it was stomach turing.

I got 391 is that really bad? I'm super worried now when you got 40! Does that mean I'm 350 places worst off than you will? Thanks

Not at all xxxx out of 3000.. top 10% what courses have you applied for?

391 out of 3000 is nothing to be sniffed at :)

Thanks will and smiler! I didnt realise 3000 sat the exam! Sure all I can do is wait and see! Congrats on your score Will ! Best of luck to everyone!

Smiler I've applied for all four to give me a better chance general would be my first ! I've also applied for social work I've an interview on Friday! Nursing is what I really want to do though so if I don't get in this year I've applied for a pre nursing plc fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 eviem

My ranking was only 573 so worried I won't get a spot now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 melly85

hi , well i got my result.. 205. what does this mean?? so confused.. can anybody explain this to me.. thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MollyMac

I'm confused too.....!! I thought we got our test score today but now i don't know where i stand with this Order of Merit. I got 70 - what does that mean???

The lower your score the better as it means you are eg 70th to go down on the lists. Again 3000 or so people sat the exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 summer35

So if your order of merit is 500 you don't have much of a chance?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 confusedcal

I scored 440 so by looks of some of the scores i haven't a hope of getting a place :confused: i though they were going to give us results like they have in the handbook so you would get a rough idea on previous years results if you had a chance or not :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hi guys!

On the NCC website is says we will all receive written feedback by the end of May so we'll just have to sit tight some more!

Wait wait wait ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermwex

I got 710 so not much hope for me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scaffrey82

I got 637 .... A friend of mine did not meet the 'standard requirement' and didn't get an order of merit at all.... so out of 3000 places, how many order of merits are there?
    I applied for midwifery in 3 colleges and nursing incorporating childrens nursing in 7 other colleges.... dont think ill get a place with my score :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 confusedcal

I wonder in written feedback we get will be any wiser as to if we getting a place.. chances are not.. so we will have to wait till July to really know I suppose. As people have applied for different courses in different areas its very hard to try to work out the chances of getting a place really.

Advertisement