Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry to Nursing! Who else is applying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paula76

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Not at all xxxx out of 3000.. top 10% what courses have you applied for?
    1,620 people sat the exam not 3,000, ring PAS to confirm!!!!!!!!

Thanks will and smiler! I didnt realise 3000 sat the exam! Sure all I can do is wait and see! Congrats on your score Will ! Best of luck to everyone!
    3000 people didnt sit exam only 1620,you still done well congrats

70 is amazing,1620 sat exam not 3000,you will totally get aplace well done

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

Hi guys public jobs told us that 2228 sat the exam!!! just goes to show the lack of information this year...we'll all just have to sit tight and wait for July :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 melly85

There is all different information all over this, its just mixing all of us up, and we are going round in circles!!! best thing to do is wait till end of may for break dwn of our results and then wait for first offers... before we end up driving each other insane!! :)

• Advertisement

melly85 wrote: »
    There is all different information all over this, its just mixing all of us up, and we are going round in circles!!! best thing to do is wait till end of may for break dwn of our results and then wait for first offers... before we end up driving each other insane!! :)
    its true,we'l hav to wait and see good luck to everyone!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Spud5467

Unpossible wrote: »
    Is anyone else trying to figure out the probability that they will get chosen? My wife and I are disecting the figures on how many places are available, the amount of people who took the exam in cork in relation to the rest of the country and how many of those people would have applied for Tralee, trying to guess what % she is in and would that get her into one of the few places for Tralee :D

God yeah lol Browsing around I reckon you can minus midwifery (28) from your order of merit as it seems to be very popular. So that would knock me down to 149. I can change my choices so the amount of places totals 154 (hooray lol).

Its hardly an exact science though. For example:
    Say Steve has 100 as his Order of merit and has 10 choices in midwifery/psychiatric which total 50 places. If these places where filled surely Steve would be removed from the competition therefore reducing the order of merit by 1? The higher up the list the more chance of this happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 melly85

its a pity the interview was taken away this year. best of luck to everyone anyway, if its meant to be.. its meant to be :) .. stay positive xx

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eviem

Soho I also got the same result and some people are complaining that got below 100... Where have u applied for my first choice is ait, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 timdenn

I got put 329 on order of merit, i have a slight chance, might have to wait til august for an offer. I reckon any place below 300 will get an offer. I know a girl and she got 122 and was told by PAS that she was very likely to get an offer. 205 was another guys score.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Daizee

Hi all,

I'm wondering has anyone here done the healthcare assistants course in the liberties college, dublin or been for an interview there. I have an interview next week and am wondering what sort of questions they ask, how formal the interview is. Its been a long time since i've had an interview so any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 daisydais

I got 329 in order of merit too, i really dont understand it at all and really am not hopefully now but sure u never know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 timdenn

Thats gas alright, i suppose it depends on how popular your cao choices are, there are 337 places so we live in hope.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scaffrey82

Got my actual results in post today - Im in order of merit at 637 and I was quite bummed at this, however my results this morning show I got a score of 208 which im over the moon with considering the lowest was 176 and highest 258!! Wohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lisa dingle

well done scaffery82, i got 233, the results are very close together considering the difference on the order of merit list!

well done scaffery82, i got 233, the results are very close together considering the difference on the order of merit list!
    Well done you!!! What was your order of merit Lisa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 petejh

Hi all, i was placed at number 4 on the order of merit list with a score of 253. i dont really understand it as im sure there are more people on the same score with the scoring range being so tight.

petejh wrote: »
    Hi all, i was placed at number 4 on the order of merit list with a score of 253. i dont really understand it as im sure there are more people on the same score with the scoring range being so tight.
    Wow, you did very well.... i'd say you'll defo get your place... what you apply for and where? I applied for midwifery in Dundalk or Trinity, hoping for Dundalk though,closer to home, but with my result at 637 im doubting ill get it this year.

I applied for gen and mental health in limerick so hopefully ill get one of those!! Keep the fingers crossed and stay positive, i dont think anyone will know for sure until offers come out as noone knows what courses are in strong demand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

I got 215 not sure if i should even expect anything with that score ? Highest was 258 and lowest was 176. Its my first year applying as a mature student so not very clear on how it all works. Can someone explain what the order of merit is ? or how people are working out where they are on that ?

• Advertisement

lil_tuts wrote: »
    I got 215 not sure if i should even expect anything with that score ? Highest was 258 and lowest was 176. Its my first year applying as a mature student so not very clear on how it all works. Can someone explain what the order of merit is ? or how people are working out where they are on that ?

Hi lil tuts if u log into publicjobs.ie and go to nursing results it asks you for your cao number and it will then give you your order of merit number!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MollyMac

I scored 237 in the Aptitude Test and am placed 71 in the Order of Merit. The scores seem very tight!! Will just have to keep fingers crossed until offers on 6th July.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I got 241 and got an order of merit of 40. Scores are crazy close. They said on the sheet they add a random number at the end of equal scores so that must be a big decider in the scoring. MollyMac scored 237 and got 71 on the order of merit, I scored 241 and got 40. So there has to be people who scored the same and just got unlucky with the random number

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spooky2009

MollyMac wrote: »
    I scored 237 in the Aptitude Test and am placed 71 in the Order of Merit. The scores seem very tight!! Will just have to keep fingers crossed until offers on 6th July.:)

lol i scored 238 and got an order of merit of 63! big diff on order of merit with just one point in score!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lisa dingle

i dont think that the random number has been applied yet, the random number will be applied on the colleges order of merit list for people with the same score in july.

im open to being told im wrong though ;)

i dont think that the random number has been applied yet, the random number will be applied on the colleges order of merit list for people with the same score in july.

im open to being told im wrong though ;)

Yup you are correct, I misread it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peeferk

I scored 239 in the test and i'm placed 53rd. A girl from my class this year who sat the test also scored 239 and is at no. 53 on the order of merit list. Luckily I also have done a pre nursing course and have the points in my leaving cert also.

If you have the points from your leaving cert why did you go the mature student route and not just apply for the "normal" course, you wouldn't have had to sit the aptitude or nothing then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peeferk

My leaving cert is eleven years old. I didn't want to take the chance of solely relying on it. You never know what way points will jump or drop or what the demand for places will be like from leaving cert students. With the mature applications i'll know in July whether I have my place or not and thats important because I have to organise grants and childcare and savings! The extra two months make a world of difference. Congratulations on your score. It's looking likely by my calculations that i'll be offered UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi guys, the scores are pretty close but I remember last yr was fairly similar! Well done everyone xxx I've my fingers and toes crossed for ye.

Petejh I'm going into 2nd yr in ul in mental health if ya have any questions. General, mental health, I'd and midwifery have common modules and one seperate module ( I believe in midwifery semester 1 they had 2 seperate modules) ul is great and you'll love it.

Advertisement