Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry to Nursing! Who else is applying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone can help - maybe those that are currently doing a nursing degree.

I have applied for general in UCD, TCD and DCU and just have a few questions...

1. Is possible to hold down a part time job whilst doing the course?
    2. What is the timetable like in an average week? (days/ hours in)
    3. What are the hours like on placement?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I tried to look on the UCD and Trinity websites to find the timetables but to no avail a while back. Other courses worked on the ucd site but not the nursing ones for some reason. Here's the link to the UCD one - edit link doesn't work

I worked all through my original degree, it really does depend on your circumstances though. I was living at home and had little rent to pay, but it does effect your course and the work you can put into it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 realtabeag00

Has anyone received their detailed report on how they performed in the aptitude test yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scaffrey82

Has anyone received their detailed report on how they performed in the aptitude test yet?
    Yes, quite a few of us on here ... received about a week ago

That's odd, haven't received mine yet. It is issued via the post, right?

• Advertisement

That's odd, haven't received mine yet. It is issued via the post, right?

Yeap by post... we were talking last week on same thread about the detailed results... Maybe call the help services for Publicjobs for an update... i thought everyone would have them by now.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about this: "In line with best practice, this office provides candidates with a feedback report on their performance at the test. This will give an in-depth analysis of your results and will issue to you by the end of May."
    :)

Thank you, I might just do that :)

Just to clarify, I'm talking about this: "In line with best practice, this office provides candidates with a feedback report on their performance at the test. This will give an in-depth analysis of your results and will issue to you by the end of May."
    :)

lol yes.... Same report we are both referring to! I got a score of 208 and it breaks the score down into each test that you sat and tells you what grouping you fall into etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dalen1980

hi all i received order of merit no 15 for public jobs when they said i passed now got results and got 249 out of 258 still no idea how good this is, can anyone help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

dalen1980 wrote: »
    hi all i received order of merit no 15 for public jobs when they said i passed now got results and got 249 out of 258 still no idea how good this is, can anyone help

Thats really good !! Have a look here its really helped me :

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumThread/14861021/Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MollyMac

I got Order of Merit 71 and Test Score of 237 which places me in the Top Group (88% - 100%). I hope it is enough to get me my 1st choice of ID Nursing in UL.

Skills Experience - 54
    Verbal Test - 61
    Numerical Test - 65
    Job Simulation - 57

This is the first year that Job Simulation was part of the Aptitude Test so I had a look at the Entry Requirements Test Scores (pg 37 Nursing Careers Centre book) from previous years. If I omit the Job Simulation score and just total the other tests I scored 180, which is more than enough to get me on the course in any of the previous years - so fingers crossed until the 7th July that I will get the offer I'm hoping for.:confused:

Order of Merit 15th
    Score 249
    :cool:
    ist Galway Gen
    2nd Galway Physc
    3rd Galway Mid wif
    4th Ul gen
    5th Ul Physc

Fingers crossed i'll get something

You are deffo gonna get your first choice with that score I'd imagine

Thanks i hope so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 melly85

keep having dreams that i dont get an offer this year!!! anyone else having these dreams lol ? or nightmares as i shud call them :) ROLL ON THE 7TH JULY!!! it cant come quick enough!!!!!! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Daizee

H i Melly85,
    i think were all wound up at this stage, were have you applied to? whats your score like? im applying in dublin dcu, ucd, tcd

I applied to UCD & Trinity for general and paeds first and second choice, and general third and fourth. I put down psychiatric fifth and sixth but really don't want to do that. Think I've a good chance of getting any of my top 4. We could be class mates Daizee :)

Does anyone know what the story is with accepting offers? Will we be assigned a course or will it be like the leaving cert where we can pick and choose if we do well enough?

I'd a dream a while ago that I started back in college doing nursing, was nice. Nerd!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

You will only receive one offer, it'll be the highest preference you have the points for. So even if choice 2 has higher points than choice 1, as you choose it as your first preference, that's what your offer will be.

There will be a simple button beside the offer "accept offer" press this and you've accepted your place

Thanks for clearing that up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SS11

Hi everyone, I have been following along to all ur posts recently, hoping to apply as a Mature Student next year for Mid Wifery. Should I apply in Jan 2012 to the CAO & then just be practicing for the Apptitude tests? Has any one done the Carrer Services test? - are they worth it?

Best of luck to all of ye waiting on yer places!!! Hope ye get what ye want!

i applied in Jan and done a 1 day prep course in athlone was extreamly good and worth the 150

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hi SS11

I did the Career Services Course and I would highly recommend it!! I agree with dalen1980, definitely worth the 150 euros! Just listen to what the guy/women says at the day and practice a lot!!!!!!

Good luck!

ANYONE GOING TO GALWAY

Stickin to Dublin here.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spooky2009

ANYONE GOING TO GALWAY
    ME! hopefully. Galways my 1st choice, then limerick then dublin! I have a feeling I might get dublin cos there isnt many places in galway or limerick. I dont mind tho , i just want to get in anywhere;)

cool maybe we end up in same class whats your choice me gen

cool maybe we end up in same class whats your choice me gen

I'm just going for general too, I was in nuig before its a nice place and they have a new nursing building. You did really well in test so I'm sure you will get Galway.

i would think going by your oom that u'll get galway not many with high oom going for galway

• Advertisement

Hmm, I dunno , there's about 9 places in nuig. It's only a week away until first round offers anyway!

Advertisement