Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry to Nursing! Who else is applying

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

hi all
    when will fetac places be considered ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cal81

Hi all, this thread has helped me out so much, thank you all.
    Got my first and only choice of psychiatric in UCC.
    Confused 2011 my oom was 114 if thats any help. Well done to everyone, and don't forget there are more rounds to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Well done everybody xxx so excited for ye, for anyone who didn't get what they wanted this morning please don't give up, last year a few late round round places came up, and deferals are gonna be bigger this year I reckon due to finances xxx what's the group name on facebook guys? Can't link in from my phone for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 melly85

confused 2011 .. i got 205 hun. hope dat helps. best of luck xx

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Looks like I'm out of luck for nursing this year my score was 219 oom 391 just checking the points on Cao and I'm a good few points short for general and psych ucc! ID was 219 alright but I had that a good bit down the list! Still I'm happy with my current offer for social work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Willow40

spooky2009 wrote: »
    Got first choice gen nursing in galway, what a relief! Congrats 2 everyone who was sucessfull- see u on the wards!)

Well done.....I didn't get my first choice in galway which was Gen but got my 3rd choice of Psychiatric Nursing....I scored 227 in the Mature appitude test..how did you score

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Littlell

congrats to everyone im just looking for some advice i got psych nursing in trinity not sure whether to acceptas its not what i wanted and try transfer or hope something comes up in next round i got 208 and oom is 637 so lucky to get it but just so confused and are previous points taken into consideration as well or just aptitude test didnt want to come back to study and pay for 10th choice but really wanted to start in sept its such a let down well done to everyone again and any advice woud be fantastic thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweetbubbly

Littlell wrote: »
    congrats to everyone im just looking for some advice i got psych nursing in trinity not sure whether to acceptas its not what i wanted and try transfer or hope something comes up in next round i got 208 and oom is 637 so lucky to get it but just so confused and are previous points taken into consideration as well or just aptitude test didnt want to come back to study and pay for 10th choice but really wanted to start in sept its such a let down well done to everyone again and any advice woud be fantastic thanks

Sorry your so disappointed little, I got my 2nd choice which was UCD my first choice was Limerick, some distance apart!! I'm still thrilled though. If you complete 1st year you may be able to transfer to general or whichever nursing course you actually want provided you get excellent grades.
    There is always the chance you may get another offer of a higher preference in August regardless of whether you accept psych now or not.
    Im not sure, I personally, could do a whole year in a course I really didnt want, so I guess you also have to look at whether you think you could complete a year in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spooky2009

Hi Willow40, I scored 238 and got an order of merit of 63. You might get an offer in next rounds, congrats on getting a place! I can't wait 'til Sept!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Littlell

Thanks a lot your very good and whole thread is so useful much nicer than nursing book I have to pay 30000 so don't think I can afford to risk a year with possibility of transfer but hopefully august thanks again and the very best of luck too 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 realtabeag00

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Well done everybody xxx so excited for ye, for anyone who didn't get what they wanted this morning please don't give up, last year a few late round round places came up, and deferals are gonna be bigger this year I reckon due to finances xxx what's the group name on facebook guys? Can't link in from my phone for some reason

Rollercoaster Nursing/Midwives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Willow40

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, It's just sinking in that I will be a student next year on a course that I have been trying to get into for the last 2 yrs. In terms of Order of Merit....how do you find that out...Haven't a clue where I am on that?

Hi Willow40, I scored 238 and got an order of merit of 63. You might get an offer in next rounds, congrats on getting a place! I can't wait 'til Sept!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dalen1980

Willow40 wrote: »
    Well done.....I didn't get my first choice in galway which was Gen but got my 3rd choice of Psychiatric Nursing....I scored 227 in the Mature appitude test..how did you score

hi i got Galway Gen score for it was
    GY525 Mature Applicants General Nursing (Galway and Portiuncula) 231*
    so if anyone deferred then i would bet well be in same class see you there:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dalen1980

Got first choice gen nursing in galway, what a relief! Congrats 2 everyone who was sucessfull- see u on the wards!)

See you there Spooky 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Anyone headin to UCD? I got general and childrens nursing, so anyone who got that or general I'm sure I will be seeing you about :)

Willow-The link is a few pages back on this thread, its on the public jobs website and you log in with your cao number to find out your order of merit.
    Now I just have to get my head around grant applications!/
    Yea dalen thats 3 of us for nuig so!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hey Will
    I'm going to UCD (General) so see you there!
    Anyone else going to UCD??
    Can hardly believe it - I've been trying for 2 years too!
    Woohoo!!

I'm sure we will be in a few similar classes so :)
    Yeah struck me last night that I'm really going back to college, can't wait

I'm going to UCD general as well unless I'm lucky enough to get my first choice (UL) in august.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kylie123

Hi all, just reading all your threads. What age is classed as a mature student. Is it someone in their 20's or older? Just wondering, if applying for nursing is a person in their 30's or 40's too old?

• Advertisement

MAture student is someone who is 23 or over on the year of applying I believe. There's no upper age limit. Guy I worked with trained to be a nurse in his 40's. Taxi'd before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 petejh

got my first choice, general in ul!! Anyone else heading there??

petejh wrote: »
    got my first choice, general in ul!! Anyone else heading there??
    Congrats UL was my first choice, but didn't get it, got my second choice UCD, so can't complain, keeping my fingers crossed I get UL in the next round in August!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 petejh

Congrats UL was my first choice, but didn't get it, got my second choice UCD, so can't complain, keeping my fingers crossed I get UL in the next round in August!! :)

Fingers crossed is right besta luck with that, you'll surely get it!!

Those going to UCD.

I presume you have received some documentation from UCD about registration, which hospital you want to do your placements etc. I was just wondering about the orientation week 5-9th September. I can only find a timetable for the 8th and 9th. Does anyone know about the 5, 6, 7th Sept - do we have to attend these days? Just trying to let work know of availability at the moment! I've tried to email and ring student desk but no luck.

Cheers fro any help!

You should have received a new thing in the post about the mature student orientation and workshop for people who might be a bit intimidated about the academic side of things. I got it on friday I think, so you might get it in the post tomorrow

Thanks Will
    I got that about the mature day on the 3rd and the writing academy thing - I just wondered if we need to attend those days during orientation. It says the 8th and 9th are compulsory so wondered if the others are the same? You going to the mature day/Writing academy?

I'm attending the mature student orientation but not the writing academy, only 2 years out of college so think I will fare ok with the projects.

Has anyone got any info from nuig yet? Havent heard anything from them, starting to get worried!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement