Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropping Out

• 19-01-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where to put this,hope this is grand.
    Doing Digital Forensics(first year) but been thinking of changing course.Lately its been more a question of when rather than if.
    But for reasons that I'm not going to get into,decided not to go back for the second semester next week.
    Just a few questions:
    How do I go about dropping out?
    And do I now have to apply to the cao before the feb. deadline if I want to do a different course here or elsewhere next year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Sorry to hear that, but I suppose if it really doesn't suit you, then you're better to stop now.

Why not give the Computing HOD, Thomas Dowling a call, and see what he suggests about leaving? I had a phone call with him last Jan. about applying to CAO, and he seemed grand and easy to chat with. I'm sure he's well used to folks changing their minds, and could guide you as to what to do.

If you don't decide to come back, well, all the best, and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Yeah go speak with Thomas Dowling, he'll be able to advise you how to transfer to a different course/defer, I did the same thing many moons ago.

Advertisement