Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom connection

Options
  • 19-01-2011 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,

After having some really bad experience with Vodafone mobile internet I decided to look for Eircom broadband.
    I just have some questions about it. I understood that my phone line supports up to 4MB. Is this enough to make good quality Skype calls? and what will the actual download speed be?
    If I am not satisfied with the quality is it possible to cancel the contract within for example the first week.

Hope you don't mind me asking these questions, I am just very afraid to have another bad experience with a service provider and having a 12 months contract.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Armoni wrote: »
    Hello,

After having some really bad experience with Vodafone mobile internet I decided to look for Eircom broadband.
    I just have some questions about it. I understood that my phone line supports up to 4MB. Is this enough to make good quality Skype calls? and what will the actual download speed be?
    If I am not satisfied with the quality is it possible to cancel the contract within for example the first week.

Hope you don't mind me asking these questions, I am just very afraid to have another bad experience with a service provider and having a 12 months contract.

Thank you.

Hi Armoni,

Thanks for your query. If you could please PM your home phone number, I will take a look at your line.

As for using Skpe, or similar applications across the Internet, these applications use massive bandwidth. You may need to ensure you know how to completely disable them when you're not using them. Sometimes these applications will run on the background on your PC; even though you believe you have completely exited the programme.

This has the added effect of someone believing their broadband is slow and sluggish. Third party applications are a constant drain on your broadband, so you need to ensure that you understand how to use these.

3MB should be fine for Skype. You just have to take the precautions advised above.
    Take a look at the following URL on our Forum - this will help you if you need to check your broadband speed - http://bit.ly/cTw6pU

Please DM your phone number and I can check your possible attainables and what products may be available. Obviously, broadband is a whole package and eircom do require a contract to set this up. Eircom also provide the back up resources if the are any problems with your broadband connection. So to answer your latter query, we don't sell broadband without a contract agreement with a customer for 12 mts or 18 Mts.

I hope this help with your query.

~ All the best
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Armoni

I have sent you a PM with my details...

Advertisement