Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I win tonight's Lotto !! fingers crossed !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

NICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

VERY.:D On 29th of March 2011 it will be offically 100years old.The date the US army ordinance board approved the 1911 model for issue. That must be now the oldest serving design with any army now?

Next question..Would you actually fire it??As that would devalue it by xx amount of dollars:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

is that particular gun 100 years old or is the design 100 years old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

PeakOutput wrote: »
    is that particular gun 100 years old or is the design 100 years old?

The deign, 1911-2011

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Not wanting to rain on your parade but you'll never get a permit for it, then again for $6m you could buy a place in Nevada and keep it as a part of your collection.

• Advertisement

With 6 million I think 99.9% of any problems you might have re firearms are immediately academic.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

A big brown envelopes in the right hands would soon sort that:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

1_case.jpg

Bad news didn't win last night ! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

one of my mates has one beautiful gun, i was **** scared handling it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

isnt this the gun the general gets presented with in Letters from Iwo Jima?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justashotgun

A big brown envelopes in the right hands would soon sort that:D;)

Are you suggesting that there is corruption within local police forces? :D

paky wrote: »
    isnt this the gun the general gets presented with in Letters from Iwo Jima?

The Japanese General then Major on exchange training in the 1930s?.
    Same looks,but no doubt not the same gun.:D It's a special 1911 allright,but not THIS special 1911!

Colt has produced thousands of commeratives with the 1911 as its base gun.General releases and private editions,be no big deal to do some extra fancy bluing and a ivory slab side grip,and pop it in a nice box with somting engraved on the gun for anyone willing to pay for it.:)

Always wonderd how that Japanese general would have kept it fed in 45 ACP ammo during and before the war.During the conflict,it wasnt a bad idea,as you could get it handy off any dead GI officer.but before the war in Japan??:confused: Intresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

very nice indeed,,if only we lived in a democratic country where firearms are not a taboo subject and did win the lotto.
    there are loads of guns with gold inlay etc that would look lovely in anyones display.

dream on,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Id move to the US and call these guys.....

http://www.autoweapons.com/home.html

with a conversation that would go something like this....

"Ill take 1 of everything please!! "

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

No, I'd Just buy all the second world war stuff and a few thousand rounds of whatever calibers I need. :D:D

I'd just buy a house next to Dermot Aherne and annoy him,morning ,noon and night,with my own private gun range shooting all sorts of exotics that I could lay my hands on,and on the 4of of July every year,Id show him what real "American gun culture" is.By having a massive shooting competition,which every gun owner in Ireland is invited to.[Free food & beer should get yer undivided attention;).] But we would have to start early..Like 4AM!!!:D:D:D:D.That would be just the arrival of the Irish Harley Davidson and gunowner club bike parade,followed by the Irish tank collectors and heavy military transport society.
    Not to mind seeing about financing a proper well financed and run pro gun lobby in Ireland.

Advertisement