Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woohoo MCTS: 2008 AD

Options
  • 19-01-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Passed.

Single easiest exam I have done so far. I think Microsoft is taking the piss a bit with this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

70-642 Next.

Watch this space for when Jumpy fails stating "Hardest exam I have ever done. Exam Karma"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Good work Jumpy.

keep it up

Just passed 70-642 and 70-646

Now an MCITP:SA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Nice one...
    What does that means in "the wild" !??

Microsoft Certified IT Professional : Server Administrator.

• Advertisement

ok,i meant...opening doors,gettings jobs,keeping job,more moneys !??

Getting jobs. I have been a sys/network admin for 15 years. I can easily do the work, but its very hard to prove that on a paper CV.

This helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hey Jumpy,

Quick question, what are you using to study for the exams?

A friend in work is just about to start and I offered to find out some information for him. Again, he is a systems admin for 10+ years but never bothered with the exams before now.

I am mainly using the VMWare system in work to build a test domain and to go though a couple of installs and configs of everything on the "Skills Measured" section of each exam.

eg

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-642&locale=en-us#tab2

Sorry for replying...
    I'm using curently TrainSignal,CBT,3 servers in a Virtual setup.
    Then,i will give a reading of the Microsoft books just to allign my mindset to their thinking ! then...lots of vce tests and forums reading !
    I'll give a month for each exam.

• Advertisement

No way man, I still have a good few more exams to go as well, everyone is welcome to reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭wijam

Just got 70-640 myself yesterday, now time to book 70-642

Used the MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit book for it myself, it was alright but some of the questions weren't covered in great detail (thankfully work paid for the books - got the ones for 70-640, 642, 643 & 647). I think hands on in a test system or two defintely helps

Advertisement