Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky + Other Channels problems

• 19-01-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi this is my first thread so I hope I dont make a balls of it :)

I had a problem with sky plus today. We only got it last week and I tried to add the 'other channels' onto it like we had on our old box but every time we get the channels we cant view them but instead it says we need to upgrade our subscription.. Can anybody help us out with this? I hope sky plus hasnt scammed us out of channels :(

Thanks in advance for your replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Me thinks this would be a Sky problem..Something wrong,or not activated with the card.

I'd ring Sky if I were you.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Check the sticky for adding channels,the ones you want such as ITV,BBC3 etc. are FTA so you shouldn't get that message unless you tune in channels that aren't part of your package.For example if you don't subscribe to Sports and tune them into other channels.
    Is your recording working on the box? If not ring sky as there is a problem with your card being activated.Do not plug box out at any time as it may miss signals from Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It won't record "other channels"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

watty wrote: »
    It won't record "other channels"

What I meant by check the recording function was to try record something on the EPG such as RTE. If there is a problem with the card's activation generally it's the record feature that won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cc4life

well everything is working with the recording thing and i know i cant record the'other channels' but I just cant watch the 'other channels' when i tune them in..maybe i should just ring sky

• Advertisement
Advertisement