Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When registering, module says it's "full" though I can see there are available places

Options
  • 19-01-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Even when I tick "don't show me modules that are full" it still comes up, says two available places but when I go to select it it tells me the class is full.

I don't think this is a mistake because for ages it was "available 1" but tonight clearly someone else has left to make up an extra place, yet it still won't allow me to select it. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

There might be places available but not to people from your degree. For example, a module may have 50 places. 30 places may be open to people who are doing the module as one of their degree subjects and 20 may be open to people doing it as out of programme elective. So if the 20 elective places were full, there would still be places available to the people who are doing it as part of their degree. So it would still be available, just not to you.

I would contact the programme office and see if they can open up a place for you. It might be the problem I describe, a glitch in the system or a few other problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Give it a try now David. Same thing was happening for me last night even though it said there were 5 places available, but now I can register fine.

Give it a try now David. Same thing was happening for me last night even though it said there were 5 places available, but now I can register fine.

That could just mean that somebody dropped out of the module and an extra place opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

That could just mean that somebody dropped out of the module and an extra place opened up.

I've been trying to register to a module for a week now that says there's one place available an everytime i try i keep getting that STUPID "this course/offering is full" message even though I can see there's a space in it! grrrrrrr!!

McNuggy10 wrote: »
    I've been trying to register to a module for a week now that says there's one place available an everytime i try i keep getting that STUPID "this course/offering is full" message even though I can see there's a space in it! grrrrrrr!!

Well there is a strong chance it is the issue I mentioned above. There might be spaces available, just not for people in your course. If you want to do that module, you have to contact the programme office ASAP and find out what the issue is with the module.

• Advertisement
Advertisement