Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I burn a 2 hour 28 min film to a 2 hour disk?

Options
  • 19-01-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I bought a pack of maxell DVD -R (4.7 GB 120 mins). I'm guessing You can do it, and the 120 mins statement is probably a burn at the best possible quality, and since the movie is only 1.2 GB's it will work, would that be correct.
    I just don't want to have a useless case of DVD's in the house (if they don't do the job).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

I bought a pack of maxell DVD -R (4.7 GB 120 mins). I'm guessing You can do it, and the 120 mins statement is probably a burn at the best possible quality, and since the movie is only 1.2 GB's it will work, would that be correct.
    I just don't want to have a useless case of DVD's in the house (if they don't do the job).

Thanks.

yup! your assumption is correct. if you want it to be played as a dvd ie in a dvd player it will need to by burnt to the format though

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tranceboy 2k

101001 wrote: »
    yup! your assumption is correct. if you want it to be played as a dvd ie in a dvd player it will need to by burnt to the format though

Thanks, I burnt it with Cheeta Burener there' and it works fine on the laptop but not on the DVD player, I'll have to look into it a little more, I'm not very skilled at using those kind of programs:o, when I select burn a video DVD it asks me to select a folder, but when I do nothing happens:( and there's no option to continue.

I'm trying it now on Leawo DVD Creator, hopefully that works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Thanks, I burnt it with Cheeta Burener there' and it works fine on the laptop but not on the DVD player, I'll have to look into it a little more, I'm not very skilled at using those kind of programs:o, when I select burn a video DVD it asks me to select a folder, but when I do nothing happens:( and there's no option to continue.

I'm trying it now on Leawo DVD Creator, hopefully that works.

Nero or ConvertxtoDVD are your best options.
    Set the conversion (VOB files for DVD playback) to DVD5 which is about 4.4GB max & it works very well.
    My wife likes to watch episodes of soaps in bed on small screen.
    I can fit 4x 40 minute episodes on one disk if I'm not hung up on full DVD quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tranceboy 2k

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Nero or ConvertxtoDVD are your best options.
    Set the conversion (VOB files for DVD playback) to DVD5 which is about 4.4GB max & it works very well.
    My wife likes to watch episodes of soaps in bed on small screen.
    I can fit 4x 40 minute episodes on one disk if I'm not hung up on full DVD quality.

Thanks, I'll give them a try, just outa curriosity I'm gonna see how Leawo turns out, considerring the fact that it's still burning 'I don't think it will be my first choice lol.

Advertisement