Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any advise on buying a Alarm !

• 19-01-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi House just got broken into over the weekend, and want to get a good alarm system on the house as soon as possible, don't know where to start looking or what prices I should be paying, house is not wired to I suppose I would be looking for a wireless, rang up a company today and they are quoting
    1100E for a wireless alarm with window sensors, don't know if that's the going price but cant afford anything to expensive , any advice would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

keeva101 wrote: »
    Hi House just got broken into over the weekend, and want to get a good alarm system on the house as soon as possible, don't know where to start looking or what prices I should be paying, house is not wired to I suppose I would be looking for a wireless, rang up a company today and they are quoting
    1100E for a wireless alarm with window sensors, don't know if that's the going price but cant afford anything to expensive , any advice would be great!

It all depends on what your looking to get covered plus what you want from the alarm system. Without knowing what the price includes it is hard to know if your getting a good deal or not. The best advice is to get a few companys out to have a look and give you a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 keeva101

Hi altor,

got a price today for a-

Installation of HKC Securewave control panel and talking keypad, 1 Motion detector (PIR), 2 x Backup batteries, External alarm bell with strobe light, Internal alarm bell. - 500e

Additional Wireless shock sensor with contact 60e each - I have 12 Windows so a cost of 720e

Text message dialler 130e

Wireless keyfob / panic button 40e

Bringing Total to 1390e

didnt want to spend this much on a Alarm system so just wondoring if anyboby can reconmend anyone else that does a resonable Alarm system or is this the standard price for what I am looking for?

thanks again for any replys if would raly help!:)

Sounds good to me, some companys charge 90Euro for wire free detectors :eek: Do you need all the 12 windows covered, by this I mean is there access to all the windows ?

HI yeah think I need all of them, in a Bungalow, so all windows would be easily assessable!

If thats the case then part of the alarm could be wired, might save you a few bob :D

Shop around and ask for this to be done. Wired devices are no where near as prices as wire free ;)

• Advertisement

thanks Altor, will try that so:) thanks for your help!

Your welcome keeva101, hope it saves you some money :D

Advertisement