Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to buy???????

Options
  • 19-01-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

just got me a 50euro voucher for homebrew shop in city was thinking of buying one of those king kegs anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

wuben wrote: »
    just got me a 50euro voucher for homebrew shop in city was thinking of buying one of those king kegs anyone any ideas?

What gear do you ahev already?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wuben

I brew from a can have usual fermenter paddle all the basics was thinking of buying that king keg for few partys I have comming up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

A good investment is a boiler to allow you to move to extract brewing and it’s a piece of kit that you can also use for all grain brewing

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wuben

dont really have time to go into extract or all grain brewing man and im fairly happy with results im getting i use the 3kg kits there good value for the quality of beer...i think i'll go for the king keg if it does what it says it should be good i can force carb it with c02 cartridges i'll have a gander when im in there the weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Found the king keg to be not worth jack tbh, doesn't fit in a fridge,takes a LOAD of those co2 bulbs and hard to get a good pour.
    Better off with bottles, or else go to corny keg. Or the 5 litre minikegs if you don't wanna bottle. Use the voucher to get more kits, the best quality 3kg ones you can find.

• Advertisement
Advertisement