Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Header Background Image

Options
  • 19-01-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Being someone new to wordpress I've set myself a task of designing an awesome wordpress theme as a project.

I've thrown together a HTML site, chopped in and lumped it into wordpress. Its half working at the moment except I can't get the background that I have for my header to display, and it has to be a background as the header as there are images floating over it as part of the site (unless there is some other way to achieve this that I havent thought of)

Esssentially I have my style.css file which has a section that looks essentially like this:

#header{
    background: URL(images/bgimage.jpg) no-repeat;
    }

I have tried:

#header{
    background: URL(http://www.mysite/com/images/bgimage.jpg) no-repeat;
    }

but to no avail. What are my options here?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boardbhu

u need to set height for the header DIV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

As boardbhu said set the height and width of the #header div equal to that of the image itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks I'll give that a try. Just so we're clear though, the header section itself is showing in full (as in shape) and the slideshow that it contains is working fine, its just the background image that the slideshow sits upon is not displaying at all.

UPDATE: Gave this a try and didnt work. I have height and width defined for the header. The image in question is larger that the defined space as I'm working with a fluid layout (originally in HTML) so for smaller width monitors part of the image is hidden..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Why don't you post the code of the div containing the background image as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Does the slideshow div have a background colour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Is the header a class or an id declaration?

Try
    #header,.header
    {
    background:url(images/bgimage.jpg) no-repeat transparent;
    display:block;
    height:100px;
    width:100px;
    }

Make sure the correct CSS file is loaded.

Advertisement