Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIFE festival 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Looks pretty whopper, see you there lads should be an awesome session!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just got sorted with a volunteering job at the festival, so looking forward to this next weekend. I have a rough idea of the duties expected of me but if anyone has done volunteering before for this or any other fests, could you explain a bit about your experience, what is expected is there a bit of hard graft. This is my first time volunteering so bare with me, it beats sitting about the house all the day waiting for that elusive job.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tikifi

Hi there, the Life Festival organisers hav offered us (self help africa) a pitch at the festival, just today!
    We have 2 fundraising events on next weekend and none of us are able to make it. I am looking for volunteers if you are already going to the festival and want to help out please get in touch!
    Fiona

Has anyone got any info on volunteering for this festival, the duties involved? This will be my first time as a volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Just got sorted with a volunteering job at the festival, so looking forward to this next weekend. I have a rough idea of the duties expected of me but if anyone has done volunteering before for this or any other fests, could you explain a bit about your experience, what is expected is there a bit of hard graft. This is my first time volunteering so bare with me, it beats sitting about the house all the day waiting for that elusive job.

Should be a great experience, I've always had a blast volunteering,
    just be as friendly and helpfull as you can.

Get to know the layout of the site, as people will expect you to know where everthing is if you're wearing the vest, people are generally good humored at festivals and always up for a laugh and a bit of banter!

Try not be too hungover for the morning shift,and dont show up wasted.

• Advertisement

Im hoping that we get the same weather as the last two years, it doesnt look to hopeful at the moment, pray for sunshine everyone for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

Im hoping that we get the same weather as the last two years, it doesnt look to hopeful at the moment, pray for sunshine everyone for next weekend.

Whilst uncertain at this stage, there are signs that mainly dry weather will set in from Wednesday onwards.

Sources: http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Here's to hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jimmycooker

I have a spare ticket on ebay (100% feedback / 100+ transactions) if anyone is looking, would let it go for face value o.n.o.

Can sell outside of ebay, it's an electronic ticket so i can email it to you straight away.

let me know if you're interested.

Cheers.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190537200573&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dillpickle

hey...just wondering did you sell your ticket yet?...i was getting one from a friend of a friend but found today she deleted the receipt...grumble grumble :(

If anyone is going down from Galway in Thursday afternoon, be you a trader, volunteer or security or whatever please pm me, I need a lift, will chip in for fuel etc... Otherwise I will have to get 3 buses to get there, Galway to Kinnegad by Citylink, the Dublin - Sligo Bus Eireann bus to Mullingar and finally the shuttle bus to the festival site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Headin down on the sunday, the life buses run on fri/sat down there but not sunday.

Anyone goin down from dublin sunday i could catch lift with? can chip in for petrol /diesel/coptor fuel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Whilst uncertain at this stage, there are signs that mainly dry weather will set in from Wednesday onwards.

Sources: http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Here's to hoping!

Was delighted this morning when I was greeted with a nice sunny day but things have already started to go downhill. F**k it once it doesn't rain solidly for the whole weekend I won't really mind, another hour in work and then I'll be on the way there:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Decided to go at the last minute. Dont suppose theres a kind soul driving from Dublin that would give me a lift? I can chip in for petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Savage weekend. Here's a video of the Big Top, it may or may not have been John Digweed, it was Saturday night anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySloCNU3r4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Savage weekend. Here's a video of the Big Top, it may or may not have been John Digweed, it was Saturday night anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySloCNU3r4

thanks for posting that link, looked savage.

Advertisement