Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Cocoa beans

Options
  • 19-01-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I bought a bag of these home from holidays a while back. They were addictive, and apparently very good for you (those some disagree).
    Anybody know where I can buy such a thing in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

You could call The Chocolate Shop in the English Market. They might have them, or might order them in for you.

You could do the same with O'Conaill's.

Other than that I'd try the health food shops, as it's got a niche in that area. Are you a raw-foodist, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

FTGFOP wrote: »
    You could call The Chocolate Shop in the English Market. They might have them, or might order them in for you.

You could do the same with O'Conaill's.

Other than that I'd try the health food shops, as it's got a niche in that area. Are you a raw-foodist, out of interest?

Thanks, I'll give them a try. I'm not a raw-foodist at all, just picked a bag of cocoa beans up on hols last year and grew fond of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Best of luck. Post back if you do find them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Petite Treats

Hi,

I get 250g bag of Infinity raw cacao nibs from Nourish in Wicklow Street for about 6euro. I think this might be what you are looking for! I have only ever seen the full cocoa beans covered in chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Best of luck. Post back if you do find them! :)

I found Cacao nibs in the health food shop upstairs in the Paul St. shopping centre.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Nature-Organic-Peruvian-Cacao/dp/B001MTPZZI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295723882&sr=8-1

I think these are raw and unprocessed, basically crushed cocoa beans? Anyway at €7.20 for 150g I thought they were a bit too pricey, I will try the chocolate shops and see what they might have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement