Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PHPP '07

• 19-01-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used the Passive House Planning Package? Whats it like to use & where did you get it?

I was looking at doing a course on it but you need to have it first.

http://www.passivehouse.com/07_eng/index_e.html is their own website but someome said in passing that SEAI sell it too?

Thanks in advance for all input.

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

I have made extensive use of PHPP - it is useful to model your build - but you will also need to model it in the DEAP/BER s/w

What is nice is that both are available in Excel format and you can then merge them together to make a combined very useful modelling tool.

I have done this for my new build and it allows me to paint scenarios of build structures very quickly to see the effect

Francis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Hi,

There are lots of regular people using it. However, just because you bang numbers into it and get a readout, doesn't mean you told it what you think you told it if you follow me.

Do you know how to accurately model junctions using the available software packages so that you can determine the correct thermal bridging value to enter into the PHPP for it?

Entering areas of walls and windows is all well and good. The skill comes in when you have to determine the thermal bridging values for details like your window installation for example.

I think too many people put far too much faith in their own ability to use it.

I'd stick with a professional. Preferably one that has a good relationship with the PHI so that they can ask for help when hey get stuck (which they will).

SAS

Advertisement