Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i have irishBB and was thinking of making the upc switch can some help with Q

• 19-01-2011 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

its about caps:rolleyes:sorry:D

iv been using breeze wireless 4mb since 08 and have never had problems DLs are good enough for me and theres never been any caps

iv been on upcs looking at the 30mb but the cap is 250gb

now i dont think id be that bad with DLing lol

but is there actually a cap with irishBBs 4mb breeze???
    i know on there site it says there aint

but upc says its unlimited aswell dont they:P

so does irish BB have a cap?

Comments

Yes they have a cap, but sorry I dont know it.

EVERY ISP has caps, they're set out in the Fair Usage Policy (FUP).

Oh and 250GB is a lot of data to download, I never go near it, but im not a heavy downloader. If only a few people in your area are on UPC they may not enforce the cap. However if you go over the cap, they may upgrade you the the €80 (truly unlimited?) package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Imagine (Irish Broadband) do have caps on their products, but on Breeze it's an unwritten Fair Use cap. What the value is, I've never seen, but there'll be some limit there somewhere. It may well be higher than 250GB.

If your current product is working to your satisfaction, then I wouldn't suggest changing, unless you really want that higher speed that UPC can offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mAdCLuBBER

Yes they have a cap, but sorry I dont know it.

EVERY ISP has caps, they're set out in the Fair Usage Policy (FUP).

Oh and 250GB is a lot of data to download, I never go near it, but im not a heavy downloader. If only a few people in your area are on UPC they may not enforce the cap. However if you go over the cap, they may upgrade you the the €80 (truly unlimited?) package.

id love to know i mean i think i DL a good chunk of movies these days with the 4mb breeze and HD files are like 8gb that would take 1 overnight

but if i got 30mb i think id be worse and would be worried of going over the limit

id love to know what irish BBs is

jor el wrote: »
    Imagine (Irish Broadband) do have caps on their products, but on Breeze it's an unwritten Fair Use cap. What the value is, I've never seen, but there'll be some limit there somewhere. It may well be higher than 250GB.

If your current product is working to your satisfaction, then I wouldn't suggest changing, unless you really want that higher speed that UPC can offer.

thats it im happy with it and we have it hooked up to router going to 3 pcs in the house im happy with my DL speeds some mates say jaysus 40mins for a film but i just think back to the awfull ripwave days LOL and think it could be worse ha. im happy with what i have i dont need to have the movie im DLing within like 5-10mins

my dad is the one who wants to go with UPC but i dont

How much is your current service?

But soon enough you will be put on "WiMAX" which, by general consensus is crap. When your "upgraded" to wimax, if you like it keep it, if you dont go to UPC.

• Advertisement

How much is your current service?

But soon enough you will be put on "WiMAX" which, by general consensus is crap. When your "upgraded" to wimax, if you like it keep it, if you dont go to UPC.

55permonth

how do you mean put on wimax where did you hear this?

Imagine own Irish Broadband and are rolling out wimax instead of Breeze. Just search these forums and youll see.

Just FYI UPCs 20Mb package also have a 250GB download limit with torrent download speeds of 2.2-2.4MBs (Yes capital B) on torrents (But lets not talk about that ;) )!

Edit, linky
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056077225

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

does DLing from rapidshare count anything for uploading:confused:

As far as I know, No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

But soon enough you will be put on "WiMAX"

That depends on which Breeze technology you are using. In my area they have forced people on the breeze-max masts over to wimax but have left those of us on the other gear alone and claim when I called them that they have no plans to move us. I assume one day they will stop maintaining the network but they claim they have no current plans to do so.

I too am curious what the breeze fair usage cap is. I personally dont mind 8G downloading over night or 24G over a few nights. Knowing I'll not get a slap for hitting the cap is better than getting content quicker but hitting some poxy limit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im a Ibb user whos gone to upc 30mb myself iv picked self install im hoping i can do it lol

i doubt i will go over the 250gb limit:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

BigMoose wrote: »
    I too am curious what the breeze fair usage cap is. I personally dont mind 8G downloading over night or 24G over a few nights. Knowing I'll not get a slap for hitting the cap is better than getting content quicker but hitting some poxy limit. :)

I've never heard of anyone getting hit by IBB for a cap on their Breeze, myself & my only house mate once managed to pass over 200GB in a week [combined upload & download] and not a word was said

Advertisement