Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would I need in a PC?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Wow! 4GB DDR3 for €36! I think the AMD route is better value, with the AII 640 3GHz nearly €20 cheaper. The additional cores outweigh the extra speed of the i3, IMO, but for music and pictures, you won't see the difference anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

Thanks again unregistered, thats a great website...

Monotype

I suppose what I want to do is to have the choice to add more to it in a few years time if the kids get into anything on computers, I'm not sure what but I think thats what got me thinking about our current computer that it's not really compatible with windows 7, it probably would work but over all, everything in it is about 9 years old and computers have come a long way since then, it would be perfect for my father in law who'd love to just be able to browse the net...

As I say I'm taking everything in and working my way through it all..

On the up side though, we'll upgrade the Ram in our laptop and get the windows 7 upgrade too in the next few weeks, so it will be something to play with!!

Advertisement