Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a Perlico contract

• 19-01-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I had a rep from Eircom at the door tonight offering me an Eircom broadband and phone package but i told him i recently agreed to stay with Perlico for a further year. This rep then told me that Perlico have been taken over by Vodafone and that i can leave them whenever i want and the verbal contract is no longer binding. Could this be true? I would leave if i could because the Eircom deal is cheaper than what i'm on at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

perilco have ben taken over by vodafone...i was with them and changed back to eircom...got a good deal aswell....there is a price increase as far as i know by vodafone aswell, a verbal contract is not binding, i had the same with them aswell..(perlico) if they are taken over by vodafone then in teary they are breakin the contract u had with them by been changed to vodafone......i now have the eircom ngb package the 1 on the add 42e (annoyin as the add is) and to be fair, setanta sports and study hub = music hub and norton virus and free calls , i am very shocked to say i am happy with eircom....u wont b hit by charges or anything like it....but i would say if u called perilco/vodafone they would tell u differently....however they are wrong i challenged this and i was found to be right......hope this helps...:cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I would be very careful of anything a rep would tell me particularly in relation to "verbal contracts".

I would assume thought I emphasise that it is only an assumption that there was probably some period after the takeover where people could leave and that after that period expired you were again in a contract.

Dont forget that if you completed 12 months of your contract (incl your period with Perlico) you need only give a month's notice anyways.

However to get clarification of your current postion (if you have not completed the 12 months) I would contact Comreg's consumer line.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mattym wrote: »
    I had a rep from Eircom at the door tonight offering me an Eircom broadband and phone package but i told him i recently agreed to stay with Perlico for a further year.

This would mean your in a contract if this was within the last 12 months, even if you have finished the contract as per what dub said you have to give 30 days notice to cancel
    This rep then told me that Perlico have been taken over by Vodafone and that i can leave them whenever i want and the verbal contract is no longer binding.

lies lies lies lies lies
    Vodafone bought Perlico back in 2007,
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/vodafone-ireland-buys-perlico-336474.html

Contracts continue to stand as per normal since then.
    Could this be true? I would leave if i could because the Eircom deal is cheaper than what i'm on at the moment.

Even if the eircom deal outlined by the door to door rep seemed cheaper I'd be very careful about trusting ANYTHING he said to you, as you can see above he certainly twisted the truth about Perlico & Vodafone.

If you were offered something get it in writing before commiting to it, from experience you'll likely find cheaper offers from other companys including Vodafone (Perlico & Vodafone offer different packages and prices)

Even IF the rep is refering to Perlico changing their T&C's (this would normally give you a 30 day window to cancel if you were in contract) according to tosback.ie Perlico has no mention of changes.

A quick look at Perlico website shows they likely changed T&C's in September 2010 - http://www.perlico.com/info/terms.aspx, so your window to cancel is long gone by now and your likely bound by a contract (obviously depending on how long ago you signed up)

cabbel what your saying is rubbish i changed from perilco to eircom and had a verbal deal with perilco they are/have changed to vodafone and eircom cancelled and arranged my change over with little or no probs at all.......me thinks u are a voda/perlico worker.......matty the eircom guy/girl is right...its up 2 u but i am happy with eircom service and the freebees service i got...... again hope this helps ......last post from me on the matter.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

cabbel what your saying is rubbish i changed from perilco to eircom and had a verbal deal with perilco they are/have changed to vodafone and eircom cancelled and arranged my change over with little or no probs at all.

I never said the OP can't change to Eircom, my point is what the door to door sales rep said was lies. Vodafone purchase of Perlico back in 2007 has no affect what so ever on a new contract thats say signed up in the last 12 months.
    me thinks u are a voda/perlico worker.

sigh, :rolleyes:
    Accuse me of such nonsense again and your banned for a week
    matty the eircom guy/girl is right...its up 2 u but i am happy with eircom service and the freebees service i got...... again hope this helps ......last post from me on the matter.

The eircom rep was certainly correct in saying Perlico had been purchased I'm not disputing that, however they were incorrect to suggest it had an affect on the OP's current contract with Perlico.

As I've clearly pointed out with actual facts Vodafone purchased Perlico in 2007, what your saying has no basis in facts and has no evidence to back it up.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Cabaal wrote: »
    .....what the door to door sales rep said was lies. Vodafone purchase of Perlico back in 2007 has no affect what so ever on a new contract thats say signed up in the last 12 months.

+1 on this. The company was bought out but this doesn't affect any end-user.

wondering did matty change over, i am still with eircom and happy enuf

oh and cabaal ban me if u want dont care, i stand over what i said EVERYTHING

Advertisement