Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Countertops

• 20-01-2011 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I am considering changing the countertops in my kitchen and have been looking at the granite and marble options, but to be honest I think that the prices to do the kitchen will be just too much.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any similar, cheaper alternatives? Engineered Stone perhaps? If you know of anything please feel free to share :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I'm in a similar boat, after looking though there isn't that much of an alternative to granite/marble. I did see a thick laminate with some kind of stone resin on it, the kitchen guy wasn't that happy about it though, and its about 1/2 the cost of granite anyway. It seems to me that best thing is to either go with a laminate or the granite if your set on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭memomy

Thats exactly what i didnt want to hear :mad:

Many thanks for the reply though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭woody_2000

Concrete countertops might be worth checking out and researching... Also, wooden countertops - maybe coloured/stained as per your preference?

Advertisement