Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone unlocking in sydney

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi i just landed in sydney this week and am looking to get my htc wildfire unlocked so i can use it out here, iv tried twice recently to unlock it over the internet and have been unsuccessful so i was wondering if anyone knows of any shops or people that would do the job. im living out in balmain at the moment so if you know anywhere near there all the better but id go anywhere to get this sorted. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Paddys markets / China town - loads of places around there

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bumpy101

cheers must check that out today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I've used www.HTCsimUnlockNow.com recently with great success.

It cost $24.99 to do in maybe 15 mins, the shop wanted $80.
    You pay by paypal and they send you an email asking a couple of questions, what network/country etc, then they email you the unlocking code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

hussey wrote: »
    Paddys markets / China town - loads of places around there

Do you know if that includes iphones hussey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Feelgood wrote: »
    Do you know if that includes iphones hussey?

What version of iPhone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

coldfeet wrote: »
    What version of iPhone?

iphone 4 coldfeet..

Vodafone will unlock it for me though they are looking for $75 to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Feelgood wrote: »
    iphone 4 coldfeet..

Vodafone will unlock it for me though they are looking for $75 to do it.

Go to Settings>General>About. If the phone's version is lower than 4.2.1 the phone can be jailbroken and unlocked for free. Google greenpois0n

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

FeelGood,

http://iclarified.com/jailbreak/ - Wizard to find out if your phone is jailbreakable and, if it is, what software to use.

http://iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone/index.php - Guides to several things, including unlocking after jailbreak.

Very very handy site!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Piggy backing on this thread but as ye're on about smart phones anyone have any recomendations for what networks to use with data plans over there?

Looked at the Virgin network, offers seem to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

flugel wrote: »
    Piggy backing on this thread but as ye're on about smart phones anyone have any recomendations for what networks to use with data plans over there?

Looked at the Virgin network, offers seem to be good

I was on Vodafone for years but the last 12 months my calls just cut out, I rang they said it was me ... blah blah, then a month ago it came out thousands of people

anyway I just switched to Virgin, which use the Optus network, No problems at all so far.

In terms of Network Telstra hands down are the best, but also pricey and have shocking customer service.

To me Optus/Virgin was next, so far I am happy.
    Got an iPhone plan, unlimited texts and 1.5gb data, happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

hussey wrote: »
    To me Optus/Virgin was next, so far I am happy.
    Got an iPhone plan, unlimited texts and 1.5gb data, happy days

Might bring the smart phone with me so. Be handy to have for e-mails and when travelling etc rather than relying on internet cafes.

How much is your plan as a matter of interest? My understanding was with Virgin for $19 you can get free calls / texts for other Virgin numbers or something and 1gb data? Pretty good value if that is the case

Advertisement