Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to manchester

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi, im 19 and tinking of moving to manchester and was wondering what is the irish part and a good place to live, i am driving a 99 passat and was wondering should i sell it and buy one over or take it over. if anyone good help please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

You could contact the Irish World Heritage Centre , Cheetham Hill , Manchester who might be able to help you out with your question .

http://www.iwhc.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mediaeval

Hi Dominic

I moved over to the UK and brought my car with me, a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX. When I tried to insure it here, it turns out that this model was never sold here, so its treated as an import vehicle for insurance purposes, and insurance has cost me £300 for the first month. Once the month is up, I should have it registered here by then, and should be able to get it cheaper. But you may want to check whether this might be the case for you - go to one of the UK car insurance price comparison websites like www.gocompare.com or www.comparethemarket.com or www.confused.com.

Advertisement