Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know anyone who travels to the UK regularly by boat - need a favour

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

As title really.

I am looking at purchasing a horse box in the UK and was wondering if there is anyone who is a regular traveller over there would be able to bring it back for me.

I will of course pay the cost of bringing it back.

I live in Thurles and can pick it up from there or meet it in Dublin near the port. I also have someone that can meet you in the UK to transfer the trailer to you to bring it back on the Ferry.

Thanks,

Damien

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

As title really.

I am looking at purchasing a horse box in the UK and was wondering if there is anyone who is a regular traveller over there would be able to bring it back for me.

I will of course pay the cost of bringing it back.

I live in Thurles and can pick it up from there or meet it in Dublin near the port. I also have someone that can meet you in the UK to transfer the trailer to you to bring it back on the Ferry.

Thanks,

Damien
    You must be on a wind up with this one? your buying a horse and asking a stranger to pick up a trailer with a horse and drive it to Ireland for you! as a favour haha. First off there are rules and regulations on moving live stock from the Uk to Ireland, who would be mad enough to hitch on a trailer to their vehicle with the horse in it and head for the ferry, of course they could tell customs I am just doing a favour for a stranger who I contacted on the net!! Customs would love that one, that trailer would be in the shed in Dublin port getiing a very detailed inspection to see if its got any hidden cargo on board.
    I doubt very much you are serious about this, but if you are you can see now why no one has offered to help! The rubber bandits might hitch it up to their honda civic for ya:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You must be on a wind up with this one? your buying a horse and asking a stranger to pick up a trailer with a horse and drive it to Ireland for you! as a favour haha. First off there are rules and regulations on moving live stock from the Uk to Ireland, who would be mad enough to hitch on a trailer to their vehicle with the horse in it and head for the ferry, of course they could tell customs I am just doing a favour for a stranger who I contacted on the net!! Customs would love that one, that trailer would be in the shed in Dublin port getiing a very detailed inspection to see if its got any hidden cargo on board.
    I doubt very much you are serious about this, but if you are you can see now why no one has offered to help! The rubber bandits might hitch it up to their honda civic for ya:D

Give a helpful response, or don't give one at all.

Please re-read the OP.

At no point does it suggest he wants someone to transport livestock.
    It's a simple request to carry a horse-box, and does not mention an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Buchailldana

Give a helpful response, or don't give one at all.

Please re-read the OP.

At no point does it suggest he wants someone to transport livestock.
    It's a simple request to carry a horse-box, and does not mention an animal.

Thank you Insect Overlord..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

dont see any mention of a horse in his post dirtydiesel

Advertisement