Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending Travel Insurance

Options
  • 20-01-2011 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,

I got a years travel insurance with ACE before I left home, going to be away for another year now and need to extend. ACE don't seem to want to know but if they don't want my money then its no skin off my nose.

So my question is, anyone know of a cheapish company I could go with and who I can buy from whilst I'm in New Zealand? Do most specify you have to be in your own country before heading off?

I looked at Nomad but its 400euro, slightly out of my price range.

Any help would be awesome.

Ta very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I got mine with http://www.getcover.ie/ its not fantastic for things like if your ipod or bag gets stolen, its a 70 euro excess I think. But they have a huge amount of cover for medical stuff, I think its up to 4 million!!

Anyway I only got one year with them and I asked at the time if I want to extend my insurance while out here they said ya just call up when its nearly about to expire. So they might be able to help you out. It was about 130 euro to so the wasnt bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Want to be very careful with who you book with. When I looked into this the only one that would insure you when you were abroad were World Nomads (and that is who I booked with) - For all of the rest you had to be Ireland for a certain period to book.

Insurance is worthless if you don't meet their terms and conditions.

Advertisement