Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wipeout Hd ?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

I found my ps1 copy of wipeout and brought back good memories , im wondering is there people still playing wipeout hd for the ps3 love to get back playing it again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i regularly stick it on

absolutely love it

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

It was available to Playstation Plus subscribers for a month I think, and it got a spike in popularity - but as it's back to normal now there doesn't seem to be a lot of mutliplayer lobbies. I checked just now ~ 1.30 am and there were two, one in US and one in EU.

It's a great game though, plenty to muck about with in the single player, especially if you get the Fury expansion as well as the main game. I think there's split screen also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

raze wrote: »
    It was available to Playstation Plus subscribers for a month I think, and it got a spike in popularity - but as it's back to normal now there doesn't seem to be a lot of mutliplayer lobbies. I checked just now ~ 1.30 am and there were two, one in US and one in EU.

It's a great game though, plenty to muck about with in the single player, especially if you get the Fury expansion as well as the main game. I think there's split screen also.

is it only available on the ps store or can u get it on disk , prefer having a copy i can hold in my hand than download

There was a version on disk. Dunno which came first, but I'd bet it'd be a lot easier to go with the PSN version. If it corrupts you can download it as many times as necessary, and if you get new hardware so long as you keep the same login for PSN you can re-download on up to 5 separate PS3s (dunno if this will always be the case, it is frankly stupid considering Sony's fear of all things piracy-related).

I think I once saw a copy second hand in GameStop Stephens Green more than a year ago probably, but online order would be the way to go to get the disk.

cheers , well i be off into town friday anyways to pick up lbp2 , if i cant spot wipeout il download it of the store , man its been years since i last played it :)

• Advertisement

You'll really enjoy it, HD is my first Wipeout game but I think some of the modes in the Fury expansion were added for the first time.

- Eliminator - like F-Zero X battle mode
    - Zone Battle - go into Zone mode as a race, winner the one who hits the zone cap first
    - Detonator - play in Zone mode and try to dodge/shoot mines and bombs.

Feel free to add me on PSN, pov77. Though I'm not much competition at racing games to be honest.

will do dude , i be abit rusty myself i last time i played a wipeout game i was 8,

awesome with the new modes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

HD's online was hugely competitive when it was first released, and continued as such for well over a year. There was a very active community over on wipeoutzone.com, which included a lot of input from the developers. But the developers and updates have gone, as have most of the online players. Its still a benchmark for how good a game can look running at 1080p.

Anyone interested in a race can add me, PSN ID - toastor. I 'was' at one stage one of the highest ranked phantom pilots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I put a huge number of hours into this for months after its release and then again when the Fury expansion was added.

I've seen the disc version in a few places. Smyths always seem to have it and it is pretty cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

excellent game, dont play it much these days but I would recommend it to anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Great game, played the crap out of it online for a few months there when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Although I'm crap at Wipeout, I have to say Zone mode is the BEST racing mode I've ever experienced.

im thinking when will be the next time we see a new wipeout game , than having a port of a psp version .

Advertisement