Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.Vettel Challenge Gran Turismo 5

• 20-01-2011 2:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Thought id put this thread here as itd get lost in the stupid car swapping thread in the main Game thread.

Has anyone gotten to these races, you must beat S.Vettels times on the nurburgring GP/F, Monza and Suzuka tracks in the red bull X2010 Race car.
    Ive gotten bronze in the first 2 and going to start Suzuka soon. What do ye think of this event, which is labeled the most difficult in the game.

x2010white.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Where is this challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Where is this challenge?

Never mind. Found out you unlock the challenge when you reach level 30 and you get the car once you pass (ie. at least bronze) in all 3 races. Also discovered that if you get your b-spec level to 35 you get the car no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

yes, thats true. But im looking for people who have passed this and are willing to share tips on the races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Can't even get bronze time on them matel! Haven't tried a lot of times though.
    Apparently if you get b spec bob up to level 35 you get the one with the red bull livery, not sure if that means you win it or get the opportunity to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Im struggling with this as well, so after trying and trying with just the skid force recovery on i could ony get 2:15 on Monza.
    So decided to go Automatic and put the ABS on 10 with the skid force recovery on and cut 3 seconds off my time and can see where i ca make up the time so will hammer it today and see how i get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

Watch the example replay or whatever it's called, you'll get a good idea of braking points, gears, throttle input etc. With a little practice bronze should be pretty easy. Leave TC off if you can, I found it cost some time in some corners, it's got so much downforce it doesn't really need it. You'll get the Red Bull X2010 for all bronze, if you want to go for gold just buy some soft slicks and run all the laps you want in practice mode until you're ready to give it a shot. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Finally got bronze on monza today just before top gear ;)
    Just pulled a 2 magic laps out and crossed the line at 2:09.6 really dont think I could go faster with the sixaxis/Dualshock. The experience and cash for bronze are crazy 460k plus xp and 200k + cash i can only guess how much you get for gold.
    The 460k+ xp only got me up half a level at level 30 which just shows how bad the leveling gets at the high levels

Gonna Hammer the next two tracks over the next few days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

I did monza on gold last saturday. Set up abs on 3, skid recovery on, no tcs as this will just slow you down, and car handles very well anyway. once you will do first lap in time around 1.04.500 you can try another one, if more, don't bother. Oh and when braking, you don't need to have wheels in straight position. so braking when turning is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

ill try those settings thanks,

Advertisement