Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stomach tattoo

Options
  • 20-01-2011 3:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting this on my stomach

cute_dancing_cartoon_pigs_photosculpture-p153019420921866204qdjh_400.jpg

Thing is are stomach tattoos painful or whats the story? I was thinking about getting it in between my hip bone and my bellybutton or would there be a less painful place to get it done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

pain is individual

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

tattoos hurt, different people feel it more or less, some people find stomach very sore, some not so bad. I wouldn't base my decision on where to get a tattoo on how painful it will be, get it where you want it, or not at all.

As an aside, are you wanting those in colour?? How will pink work?? I've never seen pink in a tat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I'm going to change the pink's in it and ask the artists tomorrow when I go in and talk to them. Honestly I have no idea what I am talking about as I've never had one. I've been researching etc but I'm still quite lost when it comes to the world of tattoos! I've seen pink on tattoos before so hopefully but if I've to change the colouring then I will.

and I meant less painful in terms of other areas when there is bone or major nerves eg the wrist or ankle which I've heard are VERY painful with all the nerves in those areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I'm going to change the pink's in it and ask the artists tomorrow when I go in and talk to them. Honestly I have no idea what I am talking about as I've never had one. I've been researching etc but I'm still quite lost when it comes to the world of tattoos! I've seen pink on tattoos before so hopefully but if I've to change the colouring then I will.

and I meant less painful in terms of other areas when there is bone or major nerves eg the wrist or ankle which I've heard are VERY painful with all the nerves in those areas.

Cool, sorry I just meant for some people the stomach could be very painful, for others not so much!
    If thats where you want it, I would go with it, if you get it someplace else you might regret it :)

• Advertisement

dearg lady wrote: »
    Cool, sorry I just meant for some people the stomach could be very painful, for others not so much!
    If thats where you want it, I would go with it, if you get it someplace else you might regret it :)

Thank You :D

Since I've decided I want that one I've seen a few more I like so I'm going to print off a few and ask them in Tattoo Zoo tomorrow about them. A Butterfly on my thigh and a cartoon strawberry (like Katy Perry's) on my ankle. Now all I have to do is rustle up the funds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

getting a tattoo done on bone is quite sore, but if you have a "fleshy" belly is shouldnt be that painful:)

getting a tattoo done on bone is quite sore, but if you have a "fleshy" belly is shouldnt be that painful:)

Fleshy? No, I'm like between a size 6 to 10 so I'm quite thin and my hip bones jut out =/ and then I'm also thinking of the small one of my ankle =/

Meh, if it's done properly it'll be worth the pain.

Thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

Stomach tattoo's hurt like a bitch! you cant tense or tighten ur muscles while its being done.

But it's totally worth it!

Stomach tattoo's hurt like a bitch! you cant tense or tighten ur muscles while its being done.

But it's totally worth it!

Really? =/ and your from Limerick as well I can assume? Any recommendations for artists in Limerick for reasonable prices?

• Advertisement

Really? =/ and your from Limerick as well I can assume? Any recommendations for artists in Limerick for reasonable prices?

Don't worry bout prices. Don't get a tattoo in a cheaper place. Cheap price = cheap tattoo and you don't want a cheap tattoo on you for the rest of your life.

I got mine done in El Loco Martinez by Steve but he has gone and open his own parlour top on 34 Wickam St. Called All Star Ink. He was good when he did mine but don't make a decision until you go in.

There are 5 parlour's in liemrick.

Danny Bullmans on Thomas Street

Living Art on Wickham Street

All Star Ink is down the road from there after the cross.

Also you have El loco Martinez in Fox's Bow.

All good places but my preference would be

Living Art = Good Quality and competitive price.

Danny Bullmans = Very High prices but high quality

El Loco Martinez is same as Living Art but i just prefer Living Art.

I havin't been into All Star Ink but it looks pretty professional from what i can see passing.

All you can do is take a walk around to all of them and talk and work out a price with them!

What about Hard Knox tattoos by the station? Steve Collopy's place. and I've heard good things about Sparky? No clue who or where he is though

I forgot totally bout that place but i have heard nothing bout it! and yeah thats where Steve is. Steve used to be in El Loco Martinez shop. Sparky I don't know but he prob just works with someone. Never heard of any1 named that with their own place

Yea, thank you :D I either get it done in Limerick or Cork and being a student I've limited funds.

But thanks Limerick Dan, really appreciated! :D

Yea, thank you :D I either get it done in Limerick or Cork and being a student I've limited funds.

But thanks Limerick Dan, really appreciated! :D

No problem! Anytime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I didn't mind getting my stomach done, though I did keep involuntarily tensing my stomach!

The healing was the worst bit, any trousers I wore, bar trackies, irritated the hell out of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

sorry, few pet peeves here:

the wrist and ankle are not very sore in comparison with anywhere else on the body. they just hapen to be a spot where a lot of 18 year old women get their first tattoo.

you do not feel with you bones, getting tattooed over bone does not hurt more. proximity to a joint (ie knee or elbow) has some effect.

"padding" will not effect pain, it doesn't matter how much weight you carry or where you carry it. if this were the case - fat people would be numb.

edit: YMMV. individuals may well perceive some of the above to be true: ie your wrist was very sore in comparison to other tattoos you have. however it is not because of some feature of the wrist which makes it so for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

Go to Hard Knox and talk to Steve,he knows what he's doing,and he's quite reasonable,Ive known him since he was in spiral tattoo with Dave,and when Dave left I went to Steve and have had no complaints.

Advertisement