Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it safe to delete an empty windows old?

• 20-01-2011 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I've transferred everything out of windows old and I am now ready to delete it, but when I select delete, it says deleting file's (1000's that is), and a few GB's big, how can that be, if I have deleted everything allready.
    Does it have some kind of association with the new windows system or something because there is nothing at all in the recycle bin.
    I was also thinking that it may be file's that were deleted and stored in-case I want to retrieve them, and since there is nowhere to extract them too 'they get permanetly deleted.

So is it safe to delete it, since I don't care about anything I have deleted, I'm convinced it is taking up some space.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Yes, here's a Microsoft link on how to do it.

Microsoft Link

It's because you upgraded from an old version of Windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

did u enable "show hidden files and folders"? that is why there is still stuff in that folder

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tranceboy 2k

Thanks, I checked both suggestions, I was never aware of the Show hidden file's and folder's feature (that clears up a lot of questions:eek:, and OMG disk cleanup is gonna clear about 9.5 Gigs, mostly from windows old. That's nice to know:D.

Thanks a lot.

Advertisement