Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200l Marine and tangs?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I've already had this discussion over on a few other Irish fish forums, so I am now moving this question over here.

A 200l marine tank and a tang? Yay or Nay?

I've been getting very mixed opinions and suggestions and I now want to see what people on here think!

A bit of background info:

200l marine tank - cube 2footX2footX2foot roughly
    100l sump connected to tank.
    Sump will be as so: 1st chamber - skimmer, 2nd chamber - refugium w liverock/sand and chaeto/algae, 3rd chamber - heater, return pump.
    Tank will have 1x150watt halide as I am doing a SPS reef. 2X54w T5 actinic as well hopefully, some 1 watt LED moonlights.
    30KG live rock, 3inch live sand bed - I want to keep sand sifters.

So I personally think that the tank is just not wide enough for a tang - even if it was 3 foot wide I'd feel more comfotable, but I've been told that the likes of a yellow tang, kole tang, etc would be ok for the tank.

What do you all think on here? If yes to a tang what species would you suggest?

I have a 1 year old 80litre soft coral tank currently running.

Advertisement