Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I switch to Bord Gais from ESB straight away?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

I moved into a new house last week - and received details in the post yesterday from the ESB on how to set up a direct debit, deposit etc.

Can I switch to Bord Gais for my electricity straight away and not set up with the ESB?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You should be able to I'd imagine, BG should just place an order through ESB Networks for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Having a meter reading will speed the process up too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Based on the website http://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/ it only looks like BG accept switches and not new orders from scratch, I'd say you might be best to call them to confirm,.

Advertisement