Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Coke e-mail?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Did anyone else here get some political bullcrap e-mail about Coke? Wondering if UCDSU gave my e-mail.. also, how do I get UCDents to stop sending me bullcrap event details about **** nobody cares about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

OSI wrote: »
    Quote it...

It's a HTML thing. Not bothered uploading it. If you want it forwarded PM me e-mail. Came from this site http://killercoke.org/ with the heading "Calling all students"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I got it and deleted it without reading it properly. Not sure how they got my email address, but definitely would not be impressed if the SU gave it to a third party.

I also found it a little ironic that the email has been sent out since Coke has been removed from campus thanks to UCD's arrangement with Britvic (thus making the recet u-turn on the Coke ban a little pointless).

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

This is the online version of the email: http://killercoke.org/intro/campus/

It's not the SU or anything like that. It went to PGs & staff too... They can get staff email from the web but how did they get student addresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

In case anyone cares:

Registrant ID:CR44894791
    Registrant Name:Ray Rogers
    Registrant Organization:Corporate Campaign, Inc.
    Registrant Street1:POB 1004
    Registrant Street2:Cooper Station
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:New York
    Registrant State/Province:New York
    Registrant Postal Code:10276-1004
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Phone:+1.7188522808

Seems to be a US thing and reading that site gave me diabetes, the sugar glossed political ideals of a mad man. No fizz, defintely not the real thing. But god I want a coke right now :)

As regards getting emails, I didn't get one. So it was probably a reduced or random list. Remember it 8 digits @ucdconnect.ie So you only have to try maybe 07XXXXXX@ucdconnect.ie up to 10XXXXXX@ucdconnect.ie, not that many if you want a random spread. As regards staff, their emails appear on UCD.ie (Simple to spider them: Link

Advertisement