Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agents Balbriggan

Options
  • 20-01-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All,

Just wondering can anyone recommend a good estate agent in Balbriggan? I currently have my house for sale with Crean Estates but am not very happy with them. Basically it is a case of them not returning phonecalls, e-mails, the person I'm looking for never seems to be in the office etc.:mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I dont think thats the estate agent i think thats the fact that there is no market. The estate agent is prob doing most of the work as well... Where as they would have hired someone in the past.

I used commesky when i worked in balbriggan. Just because i liked them.

However i have always found all estate agents to be cool.

Are you tied into a contract with the estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Twinkle123

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the reply! I know its the way things are at the moment but its the promises of ''I'll be in touch tomorrow'' and not hearing from them for weeks, thats getting me as well along with the never being able to contact them.

Yeah I did sign a contract as far as I can remember a year ago, so I will have to find out the terms etc.

I'm just putting the feelers out really. I have seen alot of signs for Sullivan and also Cumisky Estate Agents around.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Landmark Estates I found to be the best - Shirley.

Propertyzone - not too bad but didnt find them as good.

Cumisky Myler Real Estate - avoid at all costs, you'll never hear from them again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

When we where renting a place the estate agent in skerries was soo bad, I felt like I was stalking him.The guy in the EBS was good, and Terry in landmark is a relation of mine, and a nice guy.Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

if you fancy a quick travel out to stamullen walls in the village are menty to be good and they do be doing little deals on their commisson or whatever from time to time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

I have to say that we sold our house with Crean in 2009 and were very impressed with their service. House sold at a good price relative to the market in Balbriggan at the time. We were realistic with our selling price and found that the agent was very responsive. Are you looking for too high a price for your property? Have a good look at Daft and see what has gone sale agreed in the area over the past few months and at what price. There are very few buyers out there and those who are will bargain hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GAACL

Can anyone recommend a good letting agent in Balbriggan. i've a property i want to let out and want a good letting agent to manage it for me.
    thanks.

Has anyone every dealt with O'Connor Property Consultants in Balbriggan??? what are they like?? Or maybe Ailish Wall, think she is based across from Supervalu in balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

GAACL wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good letting agent in Balbriggan. i've a property i want to let out and want a good letting agent to manage it for me.
    thanks.

Has anyone every dealt with O'Connor Property Consultants in Balbriggan??? what are they like?? Or maybe Ailish Wall, think she is based across from Supervalu in balbriggan.

Hey did you ever get a reply about this?
    I'm in the same boat just wondering what you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

the expression 'good letting agent' is a bit of a misnomer TBH! If you are remaining in the country you would be better to do it yourself. If you won't be here yourself if have a good reliable friend or relative ask them and pay them a few bob for their trouble. After personal experience of 2 letting agents and from speaking with other landlords most would say that letting agents are not worth their fee.
    Have a look on irishlandlord.ie for some guidance - very helpful folk over there, and most of them know what they are talking about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement