Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

axa household insurance

Options
  • 20-01-2011 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

AXA HOUSEHOLD INSURNACE
    Hi my house has to be gutted due to flooding from frozen pipes.
    Axa is my insurer and they want me to use their builders to repair my house. I'm not sure about this as I feel their builders will cut cornors and so on. I don't have any knowledge of building works and can't tell what is poor quality or poor workmanship. I've ask AXA what happens if the doors fall of my kitchen press and they say the builder will be sent back down to repair them. Has anyone any good or bad expiences or knowledge that may help me. I would prepare to use trusted recommend local business to fix my house that I no have a good repertation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Hi, we had a water spill incident a number of years ago in the house, we are with AXA at the time. I have to say the tradesmen they provided were first class, arrived on time every day, cleaned up after themselves and ensured that we were happy with all of their work. They even did a little bit extra and actually improved upon what we had previously.

Although I work in Insurance, I do not work for AXA or any related company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LORNAMOJO

Thanks for that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You need to remember that a few complaints from customers to Axa will get those guys dumped from their nice little earner so they do have a vested interest in seeing to it that you are satisfied with the work and in the present climate they'd need to be complete idiots to risk being dropped by Axa. For a one-off job they can tell a disgruntled customer to 'p***s off' or just ignore your phone calls, at least you have some leverage if they're supplied by the insurer so I'd say you're well covered.

Advertisement