Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P5w DH Deluxe

Options
  • 20-01-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a P5w DH Deluxe mother board with 2x512MB Dimms and 2x1GB Dimms giving an overall 3GB of RAM. I have been putting off updating my memory for too long now but the time has come. I would like to replace the 2x512MB Dimms with 2x4GB Dimms giving me 10GB alltogether but I am not sure if this motherboard can accept 4GB Dimms. Anybody know anything about this as I can't seem to see anything on google.

Thanks,
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

According to Asus the mainboard can take up 8GB ram.
    http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=m4cR4iaPdABNLtQa
    4 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support max. 8GB DDR2 800/ 667/ 533 ECC and non-ECC memory

So the 10 GB idea is out.
    Adding 2x2gb, giving 6 GB might be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Thanks Moon, dam it I guess 2x2gb, giving 6 will have to do. I don't think swaping out the 2x1gb modules for 2x2gb is worth it since I'm gonna build a new system later this year or early 2012 once the 6 or 8 core intel processors drop to sub 500 euro.

Advertisement