Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover out in March (was Storm of War)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Been playing around with the the last few weeks, even on a PC that doesnt meet the minimum spec I've been getting away with playing some light quick missions. Graphics are very impressive. Really liking the gunnery too, canons give out smoke trails just like the old nose cam footage. Pulling through a load of cloud and finding the cockpit icing up was a nice moment too.

Being able to zip across the channel for missions is a bonus. No more trekking halfway across Papua new guinea on a bombing run.

What I'd really like to see is an add on for night fighting, especially mid-late war era night fighting. The dusk/night environment is excellent, could really work a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

what's the story with this game now? has it been patched so you don't need a NASA super computer to run it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think it's running fine now. There's a major Patch again due in two weeks ( :p ) but the campaign and Single player missions so far are rubbish. Online only is the option at the moment.
    I'd still pick it up though I am having great fun online with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

I bought it (steam) and it runs fine for me (i3 o/c, 4GB, GTX260, W764pro). However I don't really know why but it just doesn't do it for me like 1946 does. Maybe I'm missing my pony. After I few days of persisting I caved in and went back to 1946.

Maybe I'll get back into Cod at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Gremlin wrote: »
    I bought it (steam) and it runs fine for me (i3 o/c, 4GB, GTX260, W764pro). However I don't really know why but it just doesn't do it for me like 1946 does. Maybe I'm missing my pony. After I few days of persisting I caved in and went back to 1946.

Maybe I'll get back into Cod at a later date.

No you're dead right ..I was the same ..I still play 1946 more. There's simply no content out there yet. I don't have time to create my own missions so I'll wait a few months till some of the add-ons and user made campaigns come out. Seriously Check out Rise of Flight though..it's brilliant.

Advertisement