Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada Police Certs from outside Ireland - required or not??

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was sure I saw on the Canada Visa website over the last 2 weeks that you would need to provide Police Certs from every country you have lived in for over 6 months. However when I go onto the website now I can't seem to find that mentioned. Have they taken that requirement away, and do you now only require the Irish cert to be sent in with the application?

If I'm being completely blind and it says it there clearly, can someone send me the link?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Yeah this requirement is gone...it was actually highlighted by USIT a few months back that it would be gone...I had seen it on the site a few weeks back too and was pretty p*ssed off as I had never got one for Oz or NZ...now it looks like they have stuck to what they said and you only need to police cert from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Awesome, thought I was going mad!! I sent away for the garda ones 10 days ago so I'm awaiting them... needed to get ones for UK and Germany but I'll hold off doing that for the moment as send my application in as soon as I get the garda one..

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hey,

Just on the application form, I filled in my initial request for the appication form with my first name as John Daniel, when I really should have put my first name as John and my middle name as Daniel. Does anyone think that this will make a difference?

Also, on the police cert, it mentions my John and then my surname but no mention of my middle name, however my full name is printed on my passport and on the application form.

Does anyone think that they will be that pedantic over this? If I apply for another police cert, it is going to take another 3 weeks...

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if we will need police certs from other countries for the 2013 IEC application or have they done away with it?

Cheers

Advertisement