Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2011 VRT on motorhomes ?

• 20-01-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    According to what I read on the latest VRT changes to motorhomes, from 1st Jan 2011 VRT will be calculated at 13.3% of OMSP regardless of unladen weight.
    Can anyone clarify that I am reading this correctly and that the €50 VRT charge for vehicles with an unladen weight over 3000kg no longer applies ?

sorry if this has already been discussed, I did have a look but couldnt find anything definitive here, been out of circulation for a while.

Thanks
    Cir.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Well in theory thats the case but considering the confusion at all the vrt offices I spoke to the procedures may not have changed yet. Try to call your local vrt (somehow bypassing the automatic redirect to the ncts) and ask them to call rosslare on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pat McGet

I work for a motorhome dealer and it is true that VRT is being calculated at 13.3% of the OMSP from 1st Jan 2011 on all motorhomes being registered regardless of weight - the €50 charge no longer applies. We have clarified this with Revenue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Did ye not believe me when I said this last year? haha

Another problem is that the OMSP as seen by the VRT can bear no relevance to the "actual" OMSP ,even on new MHs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Did ye not believe me when I said this last year? haha

Another problem is that the OMSP as seen by the VRT can bear no relevance to the "actual" OMSP ,even on new MHs.

So is the trade going to get together and mount some kind of a legal challenge to this unregulated ad hoc practice.

See http://www.revenue.ie/en/about/custservice/customer-charter.html

Advertisement