Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Jose and Real Madrid done?

• 20-01-2011 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

For once, this thread may be serious. The headstrong Jose is at loggerheads with President Perez and sporting director Jorge Valdano over their signing policy. Jose wnats a new striker, the powers that be will not sign one for him. He was signed as manager, but seems to have been "relegated" to Head Coach.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6677874,00.html

Now, it might just be newspaper bluster, but the fact that Jose did not start with Benzema, a Perez galactico and a "number 9" against Almeria on Sunday, a match they drew (against a team bottom of the league, without a home win and a team who shipped 8 at the same venue to Barcelona), makes Joses call for a new signing rather hollow as he left a "number 9" on the bench, prefering to play CR7 in that position. Valdano said as much after the game.

Question is, will Jose put up with the undermining that is an everyday happening at Real and blame it if he wins nothing, or will he walk away and blame the undermining saying that he was hamstrung by the higher ups?

It is certainly an interesting one. I cannot see Jose walk away from anything, but this is probably his toughest test he has ever faced.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Was reading about this earlier-Perez and Valdano are basically idiots with no concept of how to build a team.All well and good buying up Galacticos but they need to be moulded which Jose is trying to do.
    There was consternation in Madrid when Mourhino revealed that it would take 4 years to build up the team,the Madrid hierarchy don't want an outspoken manager who likes to control things himself-imagine Fergie working under them.
    Be nice to see Jose work for a season under Fergie and then take the reins at Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

gimmick wrote: »
    For once, this thread may be serious. The headstrong Jose is at loggerheads with President Perez and sporting director Jorge Valdano over their signing policy. Jose wnats a new striker, the powers that be will not sign one for him. He was signed as manager, but seems to have been "relegated" to Head Coach.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6677874,00.html

Now, it might just be newspaper bluster, but the fact that Jose did not start with Benzema, a Perez galactico and a "number 9" against Almeria on Sunday, a match they drew (against a team bottom of the league, without a home win and a team who shipped 8 at the same venue to Barcelona), makes Joses call for a new signing rather hollow as he left a "number 9" on the bench, prefering to play CR7 in that position. Valdano said as much after the game.

Question is, will Jose put up with the undermining that is an everyday happening at Real and blame it if he wins nothing, or will he walk away and blame the undermining saying that he was hamstrung by the higher ups?

It is certainly an interesting one. I cannot see Jose walk away from anything, but this is probably his toughest test he has ever faced.
    The problem is if he walks away because he's not the full manager everyone will say he failed at what is arguably the biggest job he has ever had and I don't know if his ego could take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Next season he'll be the no.2 at Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

zerks wrote: »
    Was reading about this earlier-Perez and Valdano are basically idiots with no concept of how to build a team.All well and good buying up Galacticos but they need to be moulded which Jose is trying to do.
    There was consternation in Madrid when Mourhino revealed that it would take 4 years to build up the team,the Madrid hierarchy don't want an outspoken manager who likes to control things himself-imagine Fergie working under them.
    Be nice to see Jose work for a season under Fergie and then take the reins at Man Utd.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The problem is if he walks away because he's not the full manager everyone will say he failed at what is arguably the biggest job he has ever had and I don't know if his ego could take that.

But he can walk away saying how could he work under such conditions? Jose will never allow himself be seen as a failure. He is too crafty with the media. In a war of words with anyone, he will win.
    KungPao wrote: »

You heard it here first.

Jose will never be number 2 to anyone. He is showing that in a way at the moment with Mr Florez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

José as an assisstant manager?

I would like some of what you're smoking kthxbye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The special one as a no.2. All I can do is laugh.

Frisbee wrote: »
    José as an assisstant manager?

I would like some of what you're smoking kthxbye?

Not as an assistant, more like the new manager settling in before Sir Alex hits the road.

I'd love to see it happen.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Don't see Jose as United no.2 - a laughable suggestion. However, I would think him most likely to be the next United manager, or at least the number 1 target for the club. Not sure how likely it is though, will depend a lot on timing. If Jose leaves Real in the summer, will Fergie also step down leaving the way clear or will Fergie stay on longer (more likely imo) and thus we will miss the chance to bring in Mourinho - who could well end up back at Chelsea or as manager of Man City/Liverpool - which would forever rule him out at OT at that stage, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

What did he expect going into Madrid, we're talking about the same president who gave Camacho Michael Owen when he asked for Vieira. nothing would surprise me with Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

eagle eye wrote: »
    The special one as a no.2. All I can do is laugh.
    Haha, special no.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Maybe my Fergie/Jose dream team idea was a bit of fantasy.If UTD. win the league it could herald Fergusons retirement and Mourhino stepping in.Jose has made no secret of his desire to manage UTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

....prefering to play CR7 in that position.

Did you really actually call him that?! :rolleyes:

Cringe-worthy! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I dont know where to start TBH........:)

.... could well end up back at Chelsea or as manager of Man City/Liverpool - which would forever rule him out at OT at that stage, imo.

I can't see him back at Chelsea. Would be like getting back with an old girlfriend who's now a few years older, not as good-looking as before and not as exciting as she once was. A backwards step for him, I reckon.

Mancini will settle in at Man City for a good few years imo.

Liverpool? highly doubt it.

jenno86 wrote: »
    Did you really actually call him that?! :rolleyes:

Cringe-worthy! :p

The name suits exactly what I think of him.

I dont know where to start TBH........Clueless drivel

Calm down.

Tongue in cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The powers that be at Madrid are fair thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Calm down.

Tongue in cheek.

Well played ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mourinho knows that the United job is there for him and has suggested that he wants it. I'd imagine, if he was to leave Madrid, he'd wait until the United job was there. Beyond that, I can see him winning a press war with the President, he's better at press than any manager they've ever had.

• Advertisement

That said, Marca is basically Florez' mouthpiece, so anyone who takes him to task in that will lose. Look at Pellegrini. They hounded him out almost the moment he took charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not as an assistant, more like the new manager settling in before Sir Alex hits the road.

I'd love to see it happen.:D

i presume you're taking the píss.

but in case you're not...

lolz.

fúcking lolz.

this gives the majoirty of Utd supporters a terrible name, when this sort of deluded crap comes out.

now, when Fergie does go, the Utd job will be just about the biggest, and most sought after job in the world, but there is no chance in hell someone like Mourinho would be Fergie's henchman for a year or 2.

it's not that holy a job.

MON, McClaren, Hughes even might be the sort of sub-par managers (in terms of what Utd would be looking for), that might agree to that sort of arrangement, and that's even at a push.

but José, and managers approaching that quality and standing? keep dreaming.

José will stay at Madrid for now anyway. as suggested by others, his ego won't allow him to leave the biggest job he's ever had, no matter how much he says 'it's just another job'.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i presume you're taking the píss.

but in case you're not...

lolz.

fúcking lolz.

this gives the majoirty of Utd supporters a terrible name, when this sort of deluded crap comes out.

now, when Fergie does go, the Utd job will be just about the biggest, and most sought after job in the world, but there is no chance in hell someone like Mourinho would be Fergie's henchman for a year or 2.

it's not that holy a job.

MON, McClaren, Hughes even might be the sort of sub-par managers (in terms of what Utd would be looking for), that might agree to that sort of arrangement, and that's even at a push.

but José, and managers approaching that quality and standing? keep dreaming.

He already said he was joking in fairness.

On Jose actually, why ishe unhappy at not having total control at Real when he didn't at Inter either? Weren't the likes of Lucio signing on down to Branca rather than Mourinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I can see this being resolved. Jose will bring in a striker in Jan 11 and all will be ok. Tevez looks nailed on to go there but prob in the summer so he will have to get someone else before then. Not sure how Adebayor would do there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

flahavaj wrote: »
    He already said he was joking in fairness.

fair enough so, apologies to KungPao if that's the case.

all i'll say is it's not the first time i've been told that might happen.

and most of the times before, it was with a straight face.

Its a bit like a "Next Year Is Gonna Be Our Year" for United fans.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I have to laugh at utd fan jose working under fergie might of happened years ago but now jose is a better manager than fergie.They forget how many premier league titles did utd win when jose was at chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Erm, where in that article does Mourinho suggest he wants to leave?

It did not say he wants to leave. It is tabloided somewhat, but it is saying that he is having problems with the board. It is asking the question about whether he will put up with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Jose won't leave Spain without the league title. His ego won't allow him to. If he has to play a sh1te brand of football to do it a la capello then he will. But he won't leave til he is champion. Then he's coming to utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

.Jose has made no secret of his desire to manage UTD.

For how long ,1 or 2 seasons perhaps ,before heading out to pastures new .
    I dont think he will ever go to Utd .

It was a bad joke!

Besides, we all know Eric Cantona will take over from Sir Alex, with Roy Keane as assistant.

I can't see any issue with such an appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

It did not say he wants to leave. It is tabloided somewhat, but it is saying that he is having problems with the board. It is asking the question about whether he will put up with it.
    It seems pretty likely to me that he's just expressing a bit of discontent as a way to get what he wants (i.e. a striker).

He is taking on the establishment. If Marca turns on him, he is finished.

He left out one of Florez' Galacticos on Sunday and it cost them 2 points.

He is taking on the establishment. If Marca turns on him, he is finished.

He left out one of Florez' Galacticos on Sunday and it cost them 2 points.

In fairness he left him out to accomodate a far more expensive Galactico. The club is a minefield, no matter what you do you're going to bruise someobody's ego, if not in the dressing room, then in the boardroom. Its simutlaneously one of the best and the worst jobs in football.

• Advertisement

Besides, we all know Eric Cantona will take over from Sir Alex, with Roy Keane as assistant.

I can't see any issue with such an appointment.

Not from me anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Mourinho was told what he had to work with this season much the same as Benitez was. He needs to stop crying/engineering exit excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Benzema hasnt justified a starting place this season imo, I would have rathered the team that played against Almeria then leaving out one of the midfield to accomodate him, look, it was a bad result, that happens, the team that went out should have had more then enough to get the win, they didnt, que reaction to it in the media/fansites etc.. couple of wins, few more Ronaldo goals, RVN back at the club everything will be ok again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Probably knows he ain't going to ever win La Liga, so wants out.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Probably knows he ain't going to ever win La Liga, so wants out.

:confused:

Are Barca going to win every year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I think so. I think Barcelona are set up to dominate for the next 5-10 years. I think Barcelona could win 10 titles in a row. As mad as that sounds, Barcelona are miles ahead of them with producing talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

kryogen wrote: »
    Benzema hasnt justified a starting place this season imo, I would have rathered the team that played against Almeria then leaving out one of the midfield to accomodate him, look, it was a bad result, that happens, the team that went out should have had more then enough to get the win, they didnt, que reaction to it in the media/fansites etc.. couple of wins, few more Ronaldo goals, RVN back at the club everything will be ok again

As soon as he came on Madrid looked far more threatening.

They were smashing teams for fun with him up front. Simple bad management to accomodate Kaka and Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I think so. I think Barcelona are set up to dominate for the next 5-10 years. I think Barcelona could win 10 titles in a row. As mad as that sounds, Barcelona are miles ahead of them with producing talent.

People used to say that about United. Ultimately, Barca is a very well run club but eventually, the people who are running the club will be different and things will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

PHB wrote: »
    People used to say that about United. Ultimately, Barca is a very well run club but eventually, the people who are running the club will be different and things will change.

No they didn't! Please, stop.

lol.

Ush1 wrote: »
    As soon as he came on Madrid looked far more threatening.

They were smashing teams for fun with him up front. Simple bad management to accomodate Kaka and Ozil.

strange logic, they have also been smashing teams for fun without him in the team.....

Edit: have you heard of a team simply having a bad result?

and you would expect Madrid to be more threatening toward the end of game they are not winning since they are throwing everything into attack

strange logic, they have also been smashing teams for fun without him in the team.....

When was the last time Benzema didn't start since Higuain was injured?

Strange logic to want to start a striker in the striker position?

Hmm, bad result yeah. I think Perez will be satisfied with that excuse when Barca beat the same team 8 nil. Plus the other circumstances Valdano pointed out. Why ask for a striker when he stops playing one he has and ends up drawing a game?

Madrid throw everything into attack from the start sure. Watching the game it was obvious the play was breaking down around Almerias box where a striker would be. Kaka didn't look fully fit either.

nope, strange logic to say that they were smashing teams for fun with him in the team when they have been smashing teams for fun regardless of whether he played or not

your entitled to your opinion, going on my past experiences with you lets just leave it at that

nope, strange logic to say that they were smashing teams for fun with him in the team when they have been smashing teams for fun regardless of whether he played or not

your entitled to your opinion, going on my past experiences with you lets just leave it at that

Like I said, when was the last time he didn't start a game since Higuains injury?

Pretty much every game I'd reckon. 16 league apps this season he has made. How many games this year have Real Madrid started with out a traditional centre forward? I doubt very many if even a single one apart from the Almeria game, the logic is missing by not playing a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ush1 wrote: »
    Kaka didn't look fully fit either.

To be fair Kaka has been atrocious since he moved to Madrid .
    He doesnt deserve his place in the team at the moment and he is unbalancing the side.

To be fair Kaka has been atrocious since he moved to Madrid .
    He doesnt deserve his place in the team at the moment and he is unbalancing the side.

Agree.

That was my point pretty much and I'm a big fan of Kakas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement