Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Jose and Real Madrid done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I can't see him walking out of there.
    He could be ousted but not before the end of the season anyway.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

zerks wrote: »
    Be nice to see Jose work for a season under Fergie and then take the reins at Man Utd.

lololololololololol

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

tonights game against atletico could be interesting, if atletico knock them out of the cup the pressure & hysteria will build bigtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

mixed up wrote: »
    I have to laugh at utd fan this post jose working under fergie might of happened years ago but now jose is a better manager than fergie.They forget how many premier league titles did utd win when jose was at chelsea.

Will people please stop tarring all United fans with one brush?
    It's starting to get really fcuking annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I have to laugh at utd fan jose working under fergie might of happened years ago but now jose is a better manager than fergie.They forget how many premier league titles did utd win when jose was at chelsea.

1 out of 3 years, they won the year he left part way into the season as well.

They also spent a hell of a lot less than Chelsea to do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

gimmick wrote: »
    He is taking on the establishment. If Marca turns on him, he is finished.

He left out one of Florez' Galacticos on Sunday and it cost them 2 points.

Is Benzema more of a Galactico than Kaka?

I doubt Marca will go after him like Pellegrini. Hopefully he's not finished until Barcelona win 10-0 in the Bernabeu some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

astrofool wrote: »

Thats because Utd were already established as the richest team in the World at the time. The only way to gain ground is by buying and pumping money into the team. Utd have a capacity bigger than anyone else in the EPL so spending cash is the only way to catch up. No money = no success. Mourinho came in and won the League the first 2 seasons he was there, Utd had to pump in money to catch up. The cycle goes on everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

gimmick wrote: »
    For once, this thread may be serious. The headstrong Jose is at loggerheads with President Perez and sporting director Jorge Valdano over their signing policy. Jose wnats a new striker, the powers that be will not sign one for him. He was signed as manager, but seems to have been "relegated" to Head Coach.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6677874,00.html

Now, it might just be newspaper bluster, but the fact that Jose did not start with Benzema, a Perez galactico and a "number 9" against Almeria on Sunday, a match they drew (against a team bottom of the league, without a home win and a team who shipped 8 at the same venue to Barcelona), makes Joses call for a new signing rather hollow as he left a "number 9" on the bench, prefering to play CR7 in that position. Valdano said as much after the game.

Question is, will Jose put up with the undermining that is an everyday happening at Real and blame it if he wins nothing, or will he walk away and blame the undermining saying that he was hamstrung by the higher ups?

It is certainly an interesting one. I cannot see Jose walk away from anything, but this is probably his toughest test he has ever faced.

I have no interest in Real Madrid, they are a perfect example of everything thats wrong with football today and are probably one of the few teams responsible for the upsurge of ridiculous wages and ridiculous transfer fees of the last decade or so in football in general. Through the ridiculous crap going on at Real, there was a knock on effect across the world that saw ordinary players going for crazy fees.

remember that guy they got from spurs, woodgate was it... lol

what did they pay for him... :rolleyes:

Barca, have some dignity and respect about them that Real never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Interesting topic but lol as Jose as a number two to Fergie.

Mel Gibson will convert to Judaism before Jose Mourinho becomes a number two to Fergie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

astrofool wrote: »

I forgot jose needs money to be a succesful manager look at the money he spent at porto when he won the champions league beating utd who had spent more money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

this thread has turned into an ABU wet dream :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

zerks wrote: »
    Be nice to see Jose work for a season under Fergie and then take the reins at Man Utd.

This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen posted on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Real have zero hope of winning La Liga if they have Benzema leading the line for the rest of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Liam O wrote: »

What has it to do with United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

dfx- wrote: »
    What has it to do with United?

I think he is talking about some utd fans showing their delusions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Liam O wrote: »

I don't get your point posters on here would of been happy enough to discuss real madrid and jose until utd fans had to remark about jose becoming no2 to fergie and they wonder why they are hated so much.The premier league or football doesn't revolve around utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I don't get your point posters on here would of been happy enough to discuss real madrid and jose until utd fans had to remark about jose becoming no2 to fergie and they wonder why they are hated so much.The premier league or football doesn't revolve around utd.

Stop obsessing over them then.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

flahavaj wrote: »
    Stop obsessing over them then.;)

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I don't get your point posters on here would of been happy enough to discuss real madrid and jose until utd fan had to remark about jose becoming no2 to fergie and they wonder why they are hated so much.The premier league or football doesn't revolve around utd.

Singular, not plural.

theres no escapin the grammar police....

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Real have zero hope of winning La Liga if they have Benzema leading the line for the rest of the season.

He is typical of the over paid, over hyped rubbish doing the business at Real..

ok, so he is a resonably good striker, but to think he is on wages of about 140k a week or such is laughable.

He was never as good a player many make him out to be.

I would take an injured Louis Saha over him any day...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He could have been a player. He just made the wrong choice. He needed to be managed and developed by a proper manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

So if Real Madrid don't win La Liga it's Benzemas fault? I despair sometimes...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I made my case about Jose being Fergies number 2 for a season was purely fantasy,but it seems to have turned this thread into an ABU witch hunt,ah well.Amazing what a bit of tongue in cheek can turn into.

Mourihno will bide his time at Real then leave although we all saw what happened at Chelsea when Abramovich started poking his nose in too much.Even so if Barca win the league which is the most likely outcome,will it force the Madrid president to sack Jose,we've all seen Madrid managers sacked for less even though Mourhino laid out a 4 year plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jeez, the United fans shouting ABU nonsense really need to get their heads out of their backsides.

Somebody made a ridiculous comment about Mourinho as no.2 at United which is plain ludicrous and thats whats been going on here. I've read pretty much every post and I still don't see any ABU stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Jose Mourinho has refused to commit his future to Real Madrid beyond the end of this season. With widespread reports of a rift with the club's director general Jorge Valdano driving speculation that Mourinho could cut short his stay at the Bernabeu, Mourinho said he would wait until the summer to make a decision.

"The world is full of rumours, but they're not all true," he said after Real Madrid's 1-0 Copa del Rey win over rivals Atletico Madrid.
    "Regarding my future, we'll see what happens at the end of the season. Contracts aren't the most important thing in football. If all the parties are happy at the end of a campaign, they remain together. If they aren't, they don't."

Before the match at the Bernabeu, Valdano had again moved to end reports of a disagreement, something Mourinho would not do.
    "There are no problems between Mourinho and I," Valdano said.
    "He is our coach, the man who must lead us to triumph, and the team is proving to be very competitive under him. It's all about being better each season and we are better now than we were in the previous campaign. We expect to keep this up."

Mourinho has been keen to bring in an extra striker as cover for the injured Gonzalo Higuain, but so far the club hierarchy have resisted entering the January transfer market.

One set of fans who would seem to be happy to see Mourinho go are the Atletico fans, who barracked the Portuguese coach throughout last night's games with chants that included "Mourinho die".
    But the coach insisted this did not bother him.

"I have no problems with the crowd's chants against me," he said. "Atletico have a great fan base. They packed the stadium despite the 3-1 score of the first leg and the cold weather.
    "They hoped to see an intense match and they nevertheless stayed until the end after (Cristiano) Ronaldo's goal. They are a fantastic crowd that deserves all my respect."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/01/21/SOCCER_Real_Madrid.html&TEAMHD=soccer

I hadn't heard of much unrest and don't know all the facts behind this story but rumours are rumours and will be speculated on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

PHB wrote: »
    He could have been a player. He just made the wrong choice. He needed to be managed and developed by a proper manager.

I don't think Benzema's lack of progress as a player was the fault of Pelligrini or Mourinho for that matter. It had more to do with the ethos of Real madrid where everything is must win. And tbh other than the cup and maybe 3 Champions League group games there really is limited opportunity for players to develop as the league is so important.

He needed to go to club with less of a pressurised environment to mature. He was neer going to get that chance at Real to make mistakes and learn. Now he's paying the price. Pelligrini was in no position to develop Benzema fully. He had enough shíte on his plate without having to let Benzema mature and thus losing points in the process because Higuain was immense in the league last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

The Real Madrid hierarchy are clowns. When are they going to realise that changing managers at every opportunity is not the way to do it? If they sack Mourinho/he walks who are they going to replace him with that can do better?

They are also unlucky in a way as Barcelona have a side of real quality who any team would find extremely difficult to overtake, but besides the obvious quality they have the core of their team has been together for years, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and of course Villa now who has played with most of them in the Spain team before. Real signed Di Maria/Ozil last Summer, Kaka/Ronaldo/Benzema summer before, these players haven't been together for nearly as long as Barcelona's so they can't have the same level of understanding. Also Barcelona's main players are all Spanish sqeaking which I think is another aid to them.

Real Madrid expect trophies at all costs and expect new signings and coaches to instantly deliver. They just will never realise it is not possible so I think it is an almost impossible role for any coach. I don't think Mourinho will walk though.

Also, looks like Mourinho is refusing to commit beyond the end of the season and Real beat Atletico 1-0 last night.
    http://www.teamtalk.com/news/7555/6683389/Mourinho-offers-no-assurances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

The Real Madrid hierarchy are clowns. When are they going to realise that changing managers at every opportunity is not the way to do it? If they sack Mourinho/he walks who are they going to replace him with that can do better?

I heard Big Sam is waiting on Real to see the error of their ways, he is willing to forgive them for overlooking him in the past and accept the job when they get rid of Mourinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ush1 wrote: »
    So if Real Madrid don't win La Liga it's Benzemas fault? I despair sometimes...:rolleyes:

Thats clearly not what was said at all, stop trying to start arguements

Re Benzema as most of you will know I have never been his biggest fan, always felt he was over estimated by many. But if he had made a different choice and signed for a manager who would have nurtured and developed him rather then join the circus at Real Madrid he could have developed into a very good player, he does have most of the physical attributes required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I think so. I think Barcelona are set up to dominate for the next 5-10 years. I think Barcelona could win 10 titles in a row. As mad as that sounds, Barcelona are miles ahead of them with producing talent.

The fact that Xavi is not going to be playing for ten more years is just one of several reasons why I wouldn't bet on Barcelona winning that many in a row.

kryogen wrote: »
    Thats clearly not what was said at all, stop trying to start arguements
    Morzadec wrote: »

What do you interpret that as? Stop trying to have something to say.

Ush1 wrote: »
    What do you interpret that as? Stop trying to have something to say.

No need for interpretation, he says if they have to rely on Benzema leading the attack they wont win the league

this is not the same as it will be his fault if they dont win the league

it really isnt that hard to understand

kryogen wrote: »
    No need for interpretation, he says if they have to rely on Benzema on his own they wont win the league

this is not the same as it will be his fault if they dont win the league

it really isnt that hard to understand

No he didn't say that at all.

Still just as eye rolling even if that was said which it wasn't, look at the number of games they have won with him starting.

Ok, i dont care what you think tbh so..................................

Valdano said they are working to bring in a striker by the end of the transfer window so it seems Mourinho is winning this pr war, I still think it will be RVN as they only need a short term stop gap kind of striker, thats Ruud these days and add to that he pretty much guarantees goals and comes alive in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Wonder if they regret letting Raul go now.

Its shocking that they find themselves in this spot considering their transfer policy!

sounds like Hamburg are still playing hardball then, Real want them to release the player for free and Hamburg want some money for him, could go either way imo

He is the ideal signing for them but im sure they will look elsewhere if needed

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm sure Robbie Keane could be persuaded to move to Madrid :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

I'm sure Robbie Keane could be persuaded to move to Madrid :pac:

Not until the summer I'm afraid, he is going to be Big Sam's marquee signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

looks like Jose is done with Real...pretty much just said it there to ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

looks like Jose is done with Real...pretty much just said it there to ITV.

He might have said a lot more if they hadn't cut him off. Shambles of a network, they don't deserve to show Champions League football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

He's probably going to City IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Phoenix wrote: »
    Where to next.....

Thought he was on the verge of more or less saying he is off to Chelsea until ITV cut him off. Definitely England by the sounds of it when he said "somewhere where I am loved".

• Advertisement

Zombie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What exactly did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Could ITV not give him 10 seconds more to speak? Another clanger by them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Still not as bad as TV3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement