Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC clan..who's in?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hey want to start an Irish Clan..who's up for it?

My ingame name is The New Guy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TBH mate.....most clans dont last. And many clans that do are not even clans, just a few mates that MIGHT log on every now and again for a game. THAT IS NOT A CLAN.

If you asking on here I dont think you will have much luck either, chances are you will not get a regular amount of guys on constantly to acheive anything.

If it were me and I was looking to start a clan, I would game with a regular crew all the time and after a while float the idea to them that "WE" should start a clan together....?

Dont get me wrong, clans can be great craic but are time consuming and you really need your own server to be anyway serious which in turn needs "MONEY"....

Let me know how you get one mate.....just my two cents.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is there a clan scene for BFBC2? Like leagues and stuff? Community websites?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Is there a clan scene for BFBC2? Like leagues and stuff? Community websites?

Some small league stuff, but BC2 just isn't clan friendly. BF3 should change all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

fair enough..ill add some people in game and if we play together thats cool,.

By all means mate....sure Dublin Gunner, Shooter Mac and myself are on nearly every night....you have us already dont ya?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

A clan can be what ever you want it to be. Lets face it these days competitive gaming as we used to know it is all but gone. It will come back some time though.

Get a group of friends that you get on with and jump on the odd night for games, mix some beer in if you can, its all good.

TiG clan started many many years ago playing BF1942. We then played BFV and BF2 in ladders and competitions. Since BF2 we havent really played anything for competition reasons, but we still log on for other games, and try and meet up at least 2 times a year for lans.

Clans/guilds etc are the social side of gaming, and its what makes gaming great for me personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Having a regular group to play with makes all the difference. A bit of craic over TS etc plus its helps with the gaming!

Haven't really done anything competitive since BF2, BC2 just doesn't really support it all that well.

Looking forward to BF3 - depending on how that pans out, I might try get into some competitive stuff again. Either join a pre-existing clan, or forma new one.

Do you guys Use team speak?
    if so can you post here any names of your soldiers so i can add you?
    cheers

BornIn84 wrote: »
    Do you guys Use team speak?
    if so can you post here any names of your soldiers so i can add you?
    cheers

There's another thread for BC2 names :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055843286

cool. but do u use TS?

• Advertisement

Yep.

does that become active when u join the server or do u manually add the TS address before going onto a specific server? does it remember if u entered it manually before for the next time u go onto that server?

BornIn84 wrote: »
    does that become active when u join the server or do u manually add the TS address before going onto a specific server? does it remember if u entered it manually before for the next time u go onto that server?

TS addresses are completely independant from a game server. I usually host my own TS server for the few of us that play in the evenings.

If you're on Steam, I can give you the details later on. Its not a static IP, as I host it via my home ISP.

The name is the same always 'Dublin_GunnerTS3' but there is a password because you get all sorts of weirdo's joining otherwise!!

Am I the "WEIRDO" that keeps joining Dubs?......LMFAO.

BTW, clicked on 5uspect in my friends list last night, joined his game. Taught it would be VIETNAM ended up having a round of BFBC2 vanilla....so I said what the hell.

Ended up having a great round with a very good squad, myself and 5uspect and 2 others but our squad was pretty darn good. We were running amuck....had a K : D ratio of over 3 in the end...and got a right few points.

:D

Beeb playin a bit of vanilla myself lately tryin to get my specact badges lol

Musta been late when you joined I was on until after 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Spear wrote: »
    Some small league stuff, but BC2 just isn't clan friendly. BF3 should change all this.

Who knows when that will be ...prob 2012 sometime :(
    What a waste pre-ordering MOH for Beta access

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Who knows when that will be ...prob 2012 sometime :(
    What a waste pre-ordering MOH for Beta access

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5158/bf3x.jpg

combined with

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164181

makes me think soon rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

id be up for it, i just fly into games now and destroy things and casue mayham then head of to bed, A bit more organised with TS and a few of us would be fun.

Can i join too?

Spear wrote: »

Also the fact that EA have said it will be officially announced on March 1st...
    :rolleyes:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4682682.page
    http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/114/1143319p1.html

Advertisement