Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma in Sports Journalism - Part Time

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this topic so thought it was ok to post a fresh.

Anyone any info or recommend either of the two part time Diploma's in Sports Journalism below. Both are starting up shortly and I'm not sure which is the best one.

Diploma in Sports Journalism - DBS - Award by DBS - 10 weeks - €1250

Diploma in Sports Journalism - Independent Colleges - Award by Institute of Commercial Management - 12 weeks - €895

It would appear to me that the course in Independent Colleges is better value on price, awarding body and length. Would you agree on that or is their anything else worth considering.

Kind regards :)

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭LilMsss

I can't speak for the course in Independent Colleges, as I've had no dealings with them, but the lecturer who delivers the Diploma in Sports Journalism in DBS is a good friend of mine, and has had great feedback from students on the course so far.

A lot of it depends on what you're willing to put into it, and if you're enthusiastic about your chosen area, then it doesn't really matter where you do it.

The only thing I will say about DBS, is that it's very international, and you will get a great mix of students, so even though you're part-time, you'll still feel like a part of the student body. The same could be the case for Independent Colleges, but like I said, I have no experience with them.

Good luck, which ever you choose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sway01

This may not be the exact answer you're looking for, but I'd say a general journalism degree would get you further than a specific one. You may have to work your way into the field by whatever positions are available and with time secure your ideal one (sports). Just my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KarlosShocko

Many thanks for the helpful replies lads! Much appreciated. :)

Advertisement