Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda activity at the old Delmege Estate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

The "boyz" probably have better vests than the regular boys in blue, their ones are bulky sweaty cheap yokes apparently. The ARU probably have decent ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

It's a strange crime for seemingly a casual oppurtunistic crime. He must have realised once there was still a kid in the car everything would be done to find the car. Far easier cars to steal you'd think.

Oh well, he'll be going back to prison and off the streets for another spell, hard lines.

It is indeed very strange occurrence.
    Lets hope for a change the actual charges are inline with actually happened.Threating children,kidnapping,putting the life of a child in danger and driving dangerously also carjacking.And run them one after the other,rather then incorporating them into one sentence :rolleyes: As if they are selling a bargain in a furniture store.
    Have we even got a set amount of years for car jacking rather then car theft.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

caseyann wrote: »
    I would have thought anyone who is a bogey,would have the criminal sense not to rob a car with kids in it.Unless already running away from scene of a crime?

The really bad ones have no respect for life or property. Sense doesn't even enter the equation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Because this is Ireland not USA or Holland or Brazil or Africa.The last thing any parent expects is their children's lives to be in danger from a gun yielding lunatic,getting in the car and driving off with any of your children in the car.

Looks like Ireland has no longer immunity from that **** either :(

Actually it is the third or fourth time a car with a kid still in it has been taken in Munster in the last 12 months. In each case a parent ran into a shop leaving the keys and kid in the car parked outside.

It happened twice in county Tipperary last year with the most recent of them being the little child that was in a car that was taken in Thurles and found in Nenagh if my memory serves correct.

Think there was a similar case somewhere in the Newport neck of the woods with a car taken with a kid in the back.

bullets wrote: »
    Status Symbol for Criminals. I reckon they parade about with them
    Probably thinking I'm so hard and dangerous people are out to get me
    and I need to wear this all of the time type of thing.

They're not hard to get when you can buy them legally
    within Ireland. Would love one for absolutely no reason whatsoever
    other than "because I can" excuse :D
    http://gotactical.ie/category.php?id_category=107

~B

Good username in relation to the wish you have :D
    Sad pathetic life they lead thinking that is something to be proud of.
    The really bad ones have no respect for life or property. Sense doesn't even enter the equation.
    The really bad ones arent trying to be noticed in the sense of taking a car that will be noticed right away, especially with a child still in the car.
    For Ireland crime wise that is one of the most bizarre ones i ever heard of.
    I know they have no respect for life no ones,but i do know they are not thick enough to rob a car with people in it so they are already on the radar.
    He sounds like an odd ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I'm not for one minute trying to say that the parent deserved this ordeal but seriously, a drop of cop on would go a long way!

Would agree, should never leave kids unsupervised in a car. Only takes an instant for a serious disaster to occur.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Actually it is the third or fourth time a car with a kid still in it has been taken in Munster in the last 12 months. In each case a parent ran into a shop leaving the keys and kid in the car parked outside.

It happened twice in county Tipperary last year with the most recent of them being the little child that was in a car that was taken in Thurles and found in Nenagh if my memory serves correct.

Think there was a similar case somewhere in the Newport neck of the woods with a car taken with a kid in the back.

Really i recall only one occasion and that was some teenager who didnt see a child in the car and drove off.But never knew of others :( Thats disgusting.
    What is wrong with Ireland today.
    What was it the old school bosses said in a quote once.
    Something along the lines of" we will be considered pussy cats to the future criminals in Ireland".They dont know how right they were.
    If i recall was the general who said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Because this is Ireland not USA or Holland or Brazil or Africa.The last thing any parent expects is their children's lives to be in danger from a gun yielding lunatic,getting in the car and driving off with any of your children in the car.

I disagree with you. I don't leave my house unlocked for a reason. I have heard this happen before (recently) in Dublin, pretty much the same scenario as what happened earlier, except it was in a petrol station.

I only saw a woman do it last week in a shop in Raheen. She went into the shop and left the kids in the car. I could easily have been a psycho paedo in the car opposite waiting to pounce, but she didn't take that into account....

To be honest, leaving your car running and going into a shop is stupid enough, but leaving your kids in it takes it to another level.

This wasn't an auld country shop we were talking about with nobody around except the shop owners dog. It was in a built up area, which was busy apparently...

Maybe she was late for work and had no time to turn off the car engine and bring the kids into the shop. Maybe she just couldn't be bothered doing it. Maybe.....

But she'll have learned her lesson the hard way anyways....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Good username in relation to the wish you have :D

I could be bullets proof! :pac::pac::pac:

~B

I see Yahoo news post some bullsh*t headline and a half cooked story. Pr1cks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Really i recall only one occasion and that was some teenager who didnt see a child in the car and drove off.But never knew of others :( Thats disgusting.
    What is wrong with Ireland today.
    What was it the old school bosses said in a quote once.
    Something along the lines of" we will be considered pussy cats to the future criminals in Ireland".They dont know how right they were.
    If i recall was the general who said that.

It was actually the Dunne scum in Dublin that made the quote and it was
    "if you think we are bad, wait till you see what is coming after us."

At the risk of a reprimand here, but I personally would have handed the Garda in question his medal of valour if he had went for a head shot. When the Gardai start taking a few more of these scumbags out they wont be as bravado.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

seachto7 wrote: »

Just saw that a bit dramatic alright

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Am I the only the one who thinks that leaving a 12 year old and a 9 year old in a car is standard enough thing if your literally running in to the shop for a minute? Maybe not the 3 year, but under supervision of the other 2 maybe?
    Seriously like, a 12 year old is border line secondary school/babysitter age.
    I dont think she should be slated at all for leaving them there. I remember waiting in cars for 5 mins here and there when I was young(and believe me my mother is a worrier)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I can understand leaving them in the car, it's the engine running is what I find alarming :eek:

Any link?

It was on page 1 news, and had some headline "gardai shoot at hijacked car with kids inside", then went on to contradict what they has as a head line

Here is the story though:

"Armed gardai opened fire after a man hijacked a car which had three children inside waiting for their mother."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110120/tuk-police-shoot-at-hijacked-vehicle-e1cd776.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

wylo wrote: »
    Am I the only the one who thinks that leaving a 12 year old and a 9 year old in a car is standard enough thing if your literally running in to the shop for a minute? Maybe not the 3 year, but under supervision of the other 2 maybe?
    I dont think she should be slated at all for leaving them there. I remember waiting in cars for 5 mins here and there when I was young(and believe me my mother is a worrier)

Leaving them in the car fine, leaving them in a car with the engine running is mental. What happens if they are fighting over the radio or climbing around like kids do and one knocked it into gear and it shot off into a pedestrian walking by?

wylo wrote: »

I feel bad leaving a dog in a car. Leaving young kids in a car like that is wrong in my opinion. Leaving them in it with the engine running is just plain thick.
    Some people shouldn't be allowed have children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Are we so acustomed to crime that when a story breaks of a serious crime that it descends into how can the innocent party be so foolish to have allowed it happen? :eek:

I still dont get how we know she left the engine running.Did i miss that in the news report?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I still dont get how we know she left the engine running.Did i miss that in the news report?:confused:
    A car had been left outside the shop with the engine running and three young children inside.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0120/limerick.html
    The car was taken from outside Centra at Woodview Shopping Centre on the Old Cratloe Road at 9.15am, after a woman left the keys in the ignition while she went into the store. Two boys and a girl, aged 3, 9 and 12, remained in the car.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0120/breaking33.html

Thanks i missed that part.
    Mistake she will have to give herself a good thinking to for.I know not a person in world who would get out of car leaving engine running and doors open with kids in car.Could have cost her dearly.
    A minutes lapse in judgement is all it took there.
    She is blessed all her children and everyone else was not harmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Who uses Yahoo! anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Why you include Holland ? Holland is far more civilised than Ireland, With lower violence rates ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Papers this morning, man has served time in prison for 'fued related arson attack'

Gun possession, drugs, another arson attack on off duty gardai car, assult on gardai.

And a string of previous offences, also he was stabbed before xmas near city.

So glad all turned out ok for family.

Papers this morning, man has served time in prison for 'fued related arson attack'

Gun possession, drugs, another arson attack on off duty gardai car, assult on gardai.

And a string of previous offences, also he was stabbed before xmas near city.

One good reason to not leave your car unlocked with the engine running. Another good reason not to actually leave your babies in it!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I reckon fair play to the Garda for having the balls to actually fire two shots.
    (and being controlled enough to only need to fire 2 and not get anyone killed)
    Its shows the guns are not there for show! and they still show restraint when
    they do have to use them.

Yer man that was arrested is due in the District court this afternoon.
    I'm just waiting for the usual drivel seeing lines like:
    ...granted free legal aid, history of drug problems, father for 7 kids from 3 different women, one million previous convictions, The Judge will hand out
    a 3 year sentence with the last 2 years 11 months suspended etc etc

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Noel Price of Kileely Road has been charged, nice shiner on him.

0004247f-314.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jigga wrote: »
    Noel Price of Kileely Road has been charged, nice shiner on him.

[IMG]http://img.rasset.ie/0004247f-314.jpg[ /IMG][/img]

For anybody looking for a source:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/court-charges-man-with-hijacking-car-which-had-boy-inside-490243.html

Advertisement