Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop/Punk in Dublin

• 20-01-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anyone know where is the best place to go in Dublin for Punk/Pop Punk etc?

Mostly Greenday, Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers, Offspring kinda stuff, nothing too hardcore. I'm looking to go to a few gigs and try find myself a drummer and figured what better way to find one than at gigs/punk nights :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MarkDPC

Theres really not that many round but demented promotions put on a good few punk gigs like everything for ska/punk to hardcore punk.

Look em up you might get what your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

If you are over 18 we run a punk club in Thomas House every Friday. Djs playing punk, hardcore, oi, ska and psychobilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

You could go see Stiff Little Fingers, they're playing in March. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭Slappa de Bass

Nice one lads. I'll check out that punk night in Thomas House.

@ Dord. Yeah, I heard they were playing alright. I'll be grabbing myself a ticket this week. I didn't catch them last year so I have to go this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

punk night! im there! just moved back to dublin, been trying to find a new watering hole, didn't fancy fibbers as much. this sounds perfect though. any sounds like street dogs, bouncing souls, DKM, flogging molly, bad religion etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

All that and more every Friday. If you arent hearing what you like just request it and I'll play it. Fibbers is a metal bar, as is brux. Why people into punk and hardcore go there is beyond me. Its like all the Psychobillys hanging out in the Gypsy Rose or The Foggy listening to Thin Lizzy. Even if theres no DJ in Thomas House, the barmens iPods are full of punk, HC, Ska etc.

Might have to check out that punk night too. No excuse really... tis only across the river from me. :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 _SpaZ_

hey, where would I go if i'm 17 and lookin for a punk venue in or around dublin. I'v been tryin to find places for a while, but most wont lemme in on account of age :mad: I'm the only punk where i live and wicklow's pretty dead as far as punk is concerned... :(

_SpaZ_ wrote: »
    hey, where would I go if i'm 17 and lookin for a punk venue in or around dublin. I'v been tryin to find places for a while, but most wont lemme in on account of age :mad: I'm the only punk where i live and wicklow's pretty dead as far as punk is concerned... :(

Sometimes local bands put on "all-ages" gigs around Dublin. Just keep an eye out for them. Usually they're on during the day on Saturdays. Failing that just wait until you're 18. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tantrum

if you are lookin for live music, Sweeneys on dame st. have 3 or 4 Punk bands on next friday the 4th feb, and they aint too strict on the door either, its free in as well, im not sure if the gig is on in the Basement, or Upstairs, either way it should be a good night..:)

• Advertisement

awesome, thanx guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Unless it's a big venue with bouncers or you look really young don't worry about it and just go

bassey wrote: »
    Unless it's a big venue with bouncers or you look really young don't worry about it and just go

i would but im used to wicklow gigs, where the doormans a complete asshole and the music sucks

Advertisement