Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aerlingus Cabin Crew want the best of both worlds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

mandy30 wrote: »
    They were not scare tactics.

He was telling you if you guys carry on the ridiculous behaviour then you will end up jobless.

sweet lord.... its been explained to you and others many times.... gerroff the soap box. :rolleyes:

Why did you leave AL if it was so good??... my guess?---sacked for poor grammar,not paying attention, moaning, and poor command of the english language {judging by your posts- i been, i seen etc etc }

mandy30 wrote: »
    As I said above, filling time rather than hard graft.

.... i thought you said they do nothing but whinge all day.... did you not also say its a ten minute job.....

hypocritically Trollific..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

thebullkf wrote: »
    i assume its to prove that AL have the money to pay for the service they're claiming they can't afford to provide... ie CC .

Simple really- though judging by your posts you really have a hard on for AL battering...

Well if they do not pay to keep the planes in the air and flights going they would end up losing even more € with refunds having to be made, more bookings being cancelled or not being made at all etc.
    They do not have the cash for this either but it is the best option of the two they have. Basic business practice.

Either keep the airline going somewhat or just let it go.
    AL is hanging in their by the skin of their teeth and I can tell you from listening to some of FG / Lab policies I have a feeling AL may be sold off and if Ryanair is successful in buying it out well then the CC really will have something to cry over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭cabincrew

Sorry but we know this may be a part of your job but a small part and many other people have to deal with it. Is is hard yes but you just have to deal with it.

Yes I know on a plane you cannot step out for a breather but do not tell me CC do not bitch to each other about customers or make rude one wait just a bit longer for service. It does go on in all airlines and I know this for a fact as an ex of mine was a stewart with a carrier.

I lived in the US when a realtion of mine died and I was not allowed home for the funeral at least when you get bad news you can get home at end of day or next day etc.

Playing the whole sympathy card will not win you any more supporters.

Are you serious?? a small part? get a grip.i have rarely flown across the atlantic without some kind of problem.and you all constantly compare us to other carriers who might have crew with no people skills.of course we might get annoyed with people from time to time(its called the human factor) but serve them last?? so like give the people sitn beside them and behind them their meal and what? leave them out??listen to the crap your talking.

Finally i never complained about all of the factors i mentioned,all i said was its not only the ground staff that have a tough job,we do to.And gave them as examples.

cabincrew wrote: »
    At what cost should we have to put up or shut up.if EI get what they want then wait and see what other employers are going to do..then we will see the moaners!

we are realistic about our expectations,we have even more than any other department in the last 5years...they keep coming back at us..not because we are cabincrew its because our department is mostly female and they think we are weak.well enough is enough,if they win then i will leave because it would be impossible to have a work/life balance.but im not going without a fight ,i love my job,im lucky to have a job but im afraid slave labour was abolished many years ago.

Oh here we go the whole I am a female, they are picking one me.

Please you are giving the rest of us females a bad name. You cannot have equality on your terms. You choose to be a working mother so you have to work the same as everyone else- be they male, female single etc.

Are you serious?? a small part? get a grip.i have rarely flown across the atlantic without some kind of problem.and you all constantly compare us to other carriers who might have crew with no people skills.of course we might get annoyed with people from time to time(its called the human factor) but serve them last?? so like give the people sitn beside them and behind them their meal and what? leave them out??listen to the crap your talking.

Finally i never complained about all of the factors i mentioned,all i said was its not only the ground staff that have a tough job,we do to.And gave them as examples.

First of all if you expect people to be polite to you, please give everyone else the same respect.

I am not sprouting crap as you said first of all you seem to think no other airline other then AL CC have people skills. Most of the worlds airlines staff are all very nice, polite etc. By far the best staff I have come across are Virgin, Singapore Airlines and even AL the majority of the time. Yes you get one or two people that are not but this is to be expected.

No I was not talking about serving them last what I was on about if a rude passanger is consistently buzzing for attention some cc members may just take a few sec longer to attend to them. I know it has been done and have witnessed it on AL DUB-JFK route.

I am not saying you have an easy life but the way you are going on you swear you have death, illness and emergencies every time you fly.

Oh here we go the whole I am a female, they are picking one me.

Please you are giving the rest of us females a bad name. You cannot have equality on your terms. You choose to be a working mother so you have to work the same as everyone else- be they male, female single etc.

I am not a working mother.im still entitled to have a life.

i work a lot more hours than the average 9-5,im not in a static work posture all day either so probably harder to.

The new rosters published are quite obviously anti family..i know that because i see it..YOU DONT

the pilots work to rule in nov lasted 24 hours.that says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kate74

Yes you get one or two people that are not but this is to be expected.

QUOTE]

Ah don't worry Mandy30 is no longer crew, the rest are all lovely :D

First of all if you expect people to be polite to you, please give everyone else the same respect.

I am not sprouting crap as you said first of all you seem to think no other airline other then AL CC have people skills. Most of the worlds airlines staff are all very nice, polite etc. By far the best staff I have come across are Virgin, Singapore Airlines and even AL the majority of the time. Yes you get one or two people that are not but this is to be expected.

No I was not talking about serving them last what I was on about if a rude passanger is consistently buzzing for attention some cc members may just take a few sec longer to attend to them. I know it has been done and have witnessed it on AL DUB-JFK route.

I am not saying you have an easy life but the way you are going on you swear you have death, illness and emergencies every time you fly.

Where did i mention we are the only ones with people skills??hmm yeh exactly I DIDNT. I was giving the poster an example.again you jumped to conclusions.AS for how long it takes to answer a call bell...that doesnt even warrant an answer.

I am not a working mother.im still entitled to have a life.

i work a lot more hours than the average 9-5,im not in a static work posture all day either so probably harder to.

The new rosters published are quite obviously anti family..i know that because i see it..YOU DONT

the pilots work to rule in nov lasted 24 hours.that says it all.

So AL are out to get the family and women!!!!:rolleyes: The same old argument any union will throw out when they cannot win.

So you are right because the pilots worked to rule, correct if I am wrong but aren't they also IMPACT or at least an offshoot. That says nothing Seems to me that it is IMPACT are just gambling with their members jobs and trying to get both the pilots and CC on same side against company.

• Advertisement

kate74 wrote: »
    Yes you get one or two people that are not but this is to be expected.

QUOTE]

Ah don't worry Mandy30 is no longer crew, the rest are all lovely :D

How rude and ignorant.

I think mandy actually speaks alot of sense and she is not the first AL CC talking this way.

Believe me the experience I had was recent enough on a long haul flight and from hearing conversations and talking at baggage collection with other passangers it seems majority of the plane were not impressed with the soem of the CC.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Where did i mention we are the only ones with people skills??hmm yeh exactly I DIDNT.
    You implied it here:
    and you all constantly compare us to other carriers who might have crew with no people skills

I've found EI no better than any other staff on any other airline. Certainly not deserving of any more praise or special treatment.

Also - what's the ratio of EI staff per plane compared to other airlines?

Well if they do not pay to keep the planes in the air and flights going they would end up losing even more € with refunds having to be made, more bookings being cancelled or not being made at all etc.
    They do not have the cash for this either but it is the best option of the two they have. Basic business practice.

Either keep the airline going somewhat or just let it go.
    AL is hanging in their by the skin of their teeth and I can tell you from listening to some of FG / Lab policies I have a feeling AL may be sold off and if Ryanair is successful in buying it out well then the CC really will have something to cry over.

We have 900million in reserve,we made profit in the last half of the year dispite the volcanic ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

folks, when do ye reckon this'll be resolved either way? Are we talking weeks or months?

ixoy wrote: »
    You implied it here:

I've found EI no better than any other staff on any other airline. Certainly not deserving of any more praise or special treatment.

Thanks you ixoy I was just about to highlight that sentence and in previous posts through this thread this poster has referred to it over and over.

We have 900million in reserve,we made profit in the last half of the year dispite the volcanic ash.

I would not be taking the fact you have €900 in reserves as a cause for celebration and not cost cutting. The reason you made this was implementing all the cost cutting measures etc and this needs to be built on.

Consider this most major airlines need reserves of at least $2 bn to keep operating day to day and to survive bankruptcy.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    You implied it here:

I said they may have no people skills...i didnt say they 'have' no people skills.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with crew ,the majority of people wouldnt agree.log on to the official airline page and you will see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kate74

How rude and ignorant.

I think mandy actually speaks alot of sense and she is not the first AL CC talking this way.

Believe me the experience I had was recent enough on a long haul flight and from hearing conversations and talking at baggage collection with other passangers it seems majority of the plane were not impressed with the soem of the CC.

Jezz I was joking but in fairness Mandy30 calling crew fat biscuit eaters was hardly the most charming of references

fred252 wrote: »
    folks, when do ye reckon this'll be resolved either way? Are we talking weeks or months?

I really cant answer that for you im sorry. both sides are not backing down.we have had enough..maybe when the company cop on and go to the labour court.Hopefully soon.

Jezz I was joking but in fairness Mandy30 calling crew fat biscuit eaters was hardly the most charming of references

No it wasn't but you did not need to resort to that either.

Yeh then your right,any person who would call someone that is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I am sorry you had a bad experience with crew ,the majority of people wouldnt agree.log on to the official airline page and you will see that.
    I didn't have a bad experience with the crew (aside from the repeated threat of not seeing them due to industrial action). I just never found them any more pleasant or professional than BMI, EasyJet, Virgin, Lufthansa, Continental, etc. They were all grand - nothing amazing about the EI service.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

I really cant answer that for you im sorry. both sides are not backing down.we have had enough..maybe when the company cop on and go to the labour court.Hopefully soon.

Or maybe when the Company gives the impact militants their P45's.

barrackali wrote: »

Say this might come first, the company seems to have had enough after the past few years.

Personally I think a lesser person then Mueller would have just said feck it and let the company go to the wall.

What would that solve?? just another 1000 people on the dole que.

You honestly think that they would offer the positions tp irish people???i think not.

THE CEO IS GERMAN
    THE OPERATIONS MANAGER IS AUSTRALIAN
    THE CABIN CREW MANAGER IS ENGLISH

THEY SAID DURING THE SUMMER THEY WERE TAKING ON STUDENTS TO TRAVEL TO AND FROM OUR OUTSTATIONS FOR RESEARCH..GUESS WHAT..THEY WERE GERMAN STUDENTS.

Say this might come first, the company seems to have had enough after the past few years.

Personally I think a lesser person then Mueller would have just said feck it and let the company go to the wall.

MR muller doesnt have the greatest track record,2 airlines under him went bust. the board of EI will sack him before they let that happen.

You honestly think that they would offer the positions tp irish people???i think not.

THE CEO IS GERMAN

THEY SAID DURING THE SUMMER THEY WERE TAKING ON STUDENTS TO TRAVEL TO AND FROM OUR OUTSTATIONS FOR RESEARCH..GUESS WHAT..THEY WERE GERMAN STUDENTS.

Aer Lingus are not a state airline, they can hire who they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

THE CEO IS GERMAN

Ehh so are you impying nationality effects things? I noticed in interviews some of the cabin crew ain't Irish. Do you have a problem with them too?

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Ehh so are you impying nationality effects things? I noticed in interviews some of the cabin crew ain't Irish. Do you have a problem with them too?

I think jobs in ireland should also be open to irish citizens.whats wrong with that.

Aer Lingus are not a state airline, they can hire who they like.

Yep thats right,i think irish people are also entitled to the jobs to thou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

MR muller doesnt have the greatest track record,2 airlines under him went bust. the board of EI will sack him before they let that happen.

i think you lot will be sacked long before mr muller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

They are open to Irish citizens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yep thats right,i think irish people are also entitled to the jobs to thou.

That's a load of nonsense. Irish people shouldn't be "entitled" to any jobs above anyone just because of their nationality.

I think jobs in ireland should also be open to irish citizens.whats wrong with that.

Where not Irish candidates interviewed for these jobs or open for them to apply?

ALL but one have had at least two fatal crashes...that at eu standards does not warrant an excellent safety record..and to be eating a sandwich while doing a security check is a disgrace.

Aer Lingus have had 10 incidents 7 of which left the aircraft written off 3 of these fatal and 1 hijacking. 2005 was last time there was a near major incident at Logan Int So that at EU std would no be excellent either.

All airlines suffer accidents over the years.

That's a load of nonsense. Irish people shouldn't be "entitled" to any jobs above anyone just because of their nationality.

Are you for real,look how pathetic you lot are,looking for anything to stir crap...READ WHAT I SAID...I SAID IRISH PEOPLE ARE ALSO ENTITLED TO A JOB...I DIDNT SAY MORE THAN A NON NATIONAL.TYPICAL,READ ONLY THE SMALL PRINT FOR SMALL MINDED PEOPLE.

Does caps mean you're shouting?

They are open to Irish citizens, obviously they hired the best people for the job and if they were German so be it.

We live in the EU and everyone has the right to work in other Europen countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

THE CEO IS GERMAN

Since the majority of Aer Lingus flights are out of Ireland I'd bet the majority of replacement staff would be based here.
    Honestly cabincrew you really need to contemplate the very possible scenario that Mr Mueller will press ahead with layoffs and rehiring of staff. From a shareholders perspective they would prefer to see an end to industrial strife and a reduction in the cost of operating the airline.

Are you for real,look how pathetic you lot are,looking for anything to stir crap...READ WHAT I SAID...I SAID IRISH PEOPLE ARE ALSO ENTITLED TO A JOB...I DIDNT SAY MORE THAN A NON NATIONAL.TYPICAL,READ ONLY THE SMALL PRINT FOR SMALL MINDED PEOPLE.

Could you please lay off the caps. You can make a valid point without them. People are more inclined to listen when they are not being shouted at.

• Advertisement

Aer Lingus have had 10 incidents 7 of which left the aircraft written off 3 of these fatal and 1 hijacking. 2005 was last time there was a near major incident at Logan Int So that at EU std would no be excellent either.

All airlines suffer accidents over the years.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH.EI had one fatal in the 70's when it went missing over cork...one hijacker in the 80's...THE HOLY HIJACKER ..other than the 70's we have had no fatal crashes. logan was atc fault.dont believe all you read on the internet. Makes you look very silly

I honestly think your losing support for Aer Lingus cabin crew by your recent posts here. You seem to want to pick and choose Labour Law while wrapping yourself up in the Irish flag.

KerranJast wrote: »
    Since the majority of Aer Lingus flights are out of Ireland I'd bet the majority of replacement staff would be based here.
    Honestly cabincrew you really need to contemplate the very possible scenario that Mr Mueller will press ahead with layoffs and rehiring of staff. From a shareholders perspective they would prefer to see an end to industrial strife and a reduction in the cost of operating the airline.

Yep I agree with the above. If I was a shareholder I would be pretty pee'd off with all this stuff now and be tempted just to try to get back to continued profitability by cost cutting and rehiring if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I honestly think your losing support for Aer Lingus cabin crew by your recent posts here. You seem to want to pick and choose Labour Law while wrapping yourself up in the Irish flag.

Yeah this, trying to scaremonger us into the usual nonsense whilst making up points and shouting about the owners nationality.

Goodbye, enjoy the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It's all about what you're "entitled" to with you, isn't it? I work with a lot of people like that. Institutionalised from being employed there too long, they become self-important and deluded because they think that they should do less work for more money than the rest of us johnny-come-latelys. They should spend more time actually coming into work and less time complaining about foreigners working being willing to work overtime for only time and a half or cribbing and moaning about their "entitlements."

I think that this could become a reality in the coming days, the rate of cash burn in Aer Lingus is simply not sustainable...the new working practices need to be enacted.

• Advertisement

I am also a shareholder,along with a lot of other employees at EI,we cant be sacked.on what grounds? we are working to our contract of employment...and i wont be bullied into accepting the joke of a contract they just drafted up. NEVER

More caps?

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH.EI had one fatal in the 70's when it went missing over cork...one hijacker in the 80's...THE HOLY HIJACKER ..other than the 70's we have had no fatal crashes. logan was atc fault.dont believe all you read on the internet. Makes you look very silly

Excuse me I am not being silly you were banging on about US and other EU carriers being below EU excellence stds. All I was pointing out was that AL was not free from incidents either. Some of these airlines ahve not had incidents for years. If I am correct Jet Blue would currently hold the best saftey record in the airline industry.

Also it has to be taken into consideration that some of the US and other incidents are due to terrorism which have to be taken out due to AL being Irish and we are usually free from this sort of attack thankfully.

So excluding terrorist incidients on other major int incidents they would have excellent safety records comparible with AL.

It's all about what you're "entitled" to with you, isn't it? I work with a lot of people like that. Institutionalised from being employed there too long, they become self-important and deluded because they think that they should do less work for more money than the rest of us johnny-come-latelys. They should spend more time actually coming into work and less time complaining about foreigners working being willing to work overtime for only time and a half or cribbing and moaning about their "entitlements."

Small minded people you mean?:D

Renn wrote: »
    More caps?

Are you surprised:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement