Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aerlingus Cabin Crew want the best of both worlds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

cabincrew why don't you do something useful and scan online a copy of your roster that you were given to work this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

marienbad wrote: »
    3NYC, 2 Chicago,and 1 Orlando !! Nice work if you can get it,but it plays havoc with the work/life balance:)

If the new rules are enforced, most cabin crew will only see the inside of a hotel room in these cities for a couple of hours and then back on the plane.

Yeh, great work indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭cabincrew

kevinmcc wrote: »
    Exactly you won't get in to something you clearly know nothing about. PANYNJ have restrictions in place. The latest time a flight is scheduled to leave JFK is around 10pm so please stop posting misleading information.

Ive had quite enough of you,listen simple as...its true!!!in fact the crew were suspended today because the company wanted them to go to Chicago with 12hrs rest today.when they explained it was in breech of our contract and also in breech of the arbitration findings they got suspended...you see..even you think that's out of order otherwise you wouldn't be questioning it all so much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Do you understand the context to that "binding agreement"?

Basically AL said you accept this agreement or every last one of you are fired.

That's called putting a gun to someone's head.

Again is that reasonable behaviour from AL?

The cabin crew had no choice, to save their job, they had to take what was offered, no matter how bad it was.

In the context of high unemployment, the cabin crew had no choice but to accept.
    I'm sorry, but that's wrong. That's not how arbitration works.

Please try again.

If the new rules are enforced, most cabin crew will only see the inside of a hotel room in these cities for a couple of hours and then back on the plane.

Yeh, great work indeed.

How a couple of hours? Elaborate?

• Advertisement

cabincrew why don't you do something useful and scan online a copy of your roster that you were given to work this month?

cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

They don't check tickets either.

On some flights some cabin crew do check tickets but it is in fact academic, since the Cabin Crew are the first to board the plane, before all the passengers.

It can take 20 minutes or longer to board a large plane with cabin crew on the job without getting paid.

Then you have taxiing and queing on the runway which can go on for another 10 mins at minimum.

So 30 minutes of unpaid work.

At the other end, there's disembarking which can also take a while.

cabincrew wrote: »
    cop on

Exactly, too ashamed to show how easy your new roster is to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

cop on

hey hey, thats a real knock out punch !:)

How a couple of hours? Elaborate?

Why would he bother to explain it all again to you,i already have!if you didn't get it first time round you wont get it second time round

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Skadoosh

From what I understand, the cabin crew aren't allowed a meal break despite working for 11 hours in a row.

It's already been agreed by cabin crew on another boards.ie thread (the one about Aer Lingus "boiling up", if you do a "cabin crew" search you'll find it - I'm not able to link at the moment) that they will in fact get meal breaks, they just are now expected to (a) take them on the plane and (b) stagger them.

Not at all what's being put about here.
    They could be two hours in the airport checking people in, waiting for a delayed flight to take off, etc, and they don't get paid.

They don't check people in, that's the job of .... wait for it ..... check-in staff.
    I meant to say checking tickets before flight boarding.

And this is done by ..... drum roll please ..... boarding staff!

(Sorry, I couldn't help it).
    I cant speak for him,that's very possible due to swaps etc,Ive had 3nyc,2chicagos and 1 Orlando last year..jan-dec..people with less experience may or may not have had more,its nothing to do with your length of service anymore.the rest of my dutys have been europes so we all take the good with the bad.

Of course it has to do with seniority, you only have to travel TA and take note of the fact that the senior stewies (or older stewies if you want to be unkind) do the TA routes rather than the European ones. Or is this just a coincidence? One of the friends I spoke about earlier is in her 50s, she does almost all transatlantic. And yes, she has a primary school child but somehow manages to organise things around her onerous duties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Take a few minutes to cool the jets.

Ive had quite enough of you,listen simple as...its true!!!in fact the crew were suspended today because the company wanted them to go to Chicago with 12hrs rest today.when they explained it was in breech of our contract and also in breech of the arbitration findings they got suspended...you see..even you think that's out of order otherwise you wouldn't be questioning it all so much...

How were they only getting 12 hours rest. The EI 125 to Chicago is scheduled to leave DUB at 12.50pm for a 3.15pm arrival in Chicago, granted it is delayed today. EI 124 from Chicago to Dublin doesn't operate tomorrow. So where is the 12 hour rest?

And any day it does operate it leaves Chicago at 7.15pm so they have over 24 hours layover

Look im not getting into this pathetic disagreement.but to answer your question briefly,chocks on 1pm,12hr rest starts 1.20pm/most of the passengers have disembarked,we then get off at 130pm,get on bus 145-150 drive to hotel 45-115=240ish check in to hotel...that's 740

I'm sure Aer Lingus wouldn't mind putting you guys up in a Marriott/Radisson etc at the airport rather than downtown, that would give you those extra 45-115 minutes of rest each way you talk about?

Take a few minutes to cool the jets.
    ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

On some flights some cabin crew do check tickets but it is in fact academic, since the Cabin Crew are the first to board the plane, before all the passengers.

It can take 20 minutes or longer to board a large plane with cabin crew on the job without getting paid.

Then you have taxiing and queing on the runway which can go on for another 10 mins at minimum.

So 30 minutes of unpaid work.

At the other end, there's disembarking which can also take a while.

They are paid for taxiing and queueing. They're paid from blocks off to blocks on

How were they only getting 12 hours rest. The EI 125 to Chicago is scheduled to leave DUB at 12.50pm for a 3.15pm arrival in Chicago, granted it is delayed today. EI 124 from Chicago to Dublin doesn't operate tomorrow. So where is the 12 hour rest?

And any day it does operate it leaves Chicago at 7.15pm so they have over 24 hours layover

Not discussing it anymore,they were to go to another USA base,maybe to operate a unscheduled flt .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭culdaffguy

Not discussing it anymore,they were to go to another USA base,maybe to operate a unscheduled flt .

So what happened the inbound crew that was supposed to operate this supposed flight from so. You make it up as you go along.

I'm sure Aer Lingus wouldn't mind putting you guys up in a Marriott/Radisson etc at the airport rather than downtown, that would give you those extra 45-115 minutes of rest each way you talk about?

That wont change the fact we wont sleep until 5pm us time

That wont change the fact we wont sleep until 5pm us time

Well if you can't sleep any earlier that's your own issues, not one for your company. That's like me telling my employer I can't work to later tomorrow because I can't fall asleep until a certain time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

That is another issue Airlines now want there staff to stay at airport hotels but staff are refusing to do this and want to stay in down town locations does not make since really .
    A cc spokes person was on 5/7 live and gave the DUB BLQ DUB flight as an example of where they need a break alltogether . I have checked and this flight leaves Dub at 11:50 returning to Dub at 17:55 . Each sector is 2hrs 40 minutes long.
    Ruth felt she could not take her break on this flight as unlike other airlines when people wanted a cup of tea she was allways there to serve it
    Ruth I think has forgotten that the days of serving cups of tea are well gone . you are now sold a carton of tea for €2:50 cent
    I have travelled out to AGP loads of times with EI and the crew have had ample time for Breaks on a flight time of 2:30 minutes .
    BLQ is no differant.
    She was on about work balance well if this strike lasts much longer there wont be a problem with work balance as the airline will have gone bust and the staff from Cabin crew to baggage handlers to pilots will have nobody to blame but themselves

culdaffguy wrote: »
    So what happened the inbound crew that was supposed to operate this supposed flight from so. You make it up as you go along.

It more than likely was a standby a/c brought down from Washington by the iad based crew...

It more than likely was a standby a/c brought down from Washington by the iad based crew...

So they had to ferry back an empty flight to Dublin, doesn't seem like a hard thing to do with 12 hours rest time.

jerry2623 wrote: »
    She was on about work balance well if this strike lasts much longer there wont be a problem with work balance as the airline will have gone bust and the staff from Cabin crew to baggage handlers to pilots will have nobody to blame but themselves

Cabin crew are carrying out work to rule, not baggage handlers. Not other staff. Pilots are gearing up next. Both cabin crew and pilots have always viewed themselves as "more vital" to the airline than other staff and this is a direct result.

If the company goes down the tube, it won't be the fault of "staff", it will be the fault of a minority of cabin crew who have been led by the nose by Impact who have their own agenda.

Well if you can't sleep any earlier that's your own issues, not one for your company. That's like me telling my employer I can't work to later tomorrow because I can't fall asleep until a certain time.

Well its actually science !!! circadian rhythm...body's biological clock which is triggered by day light etc etc, an employer has an obligation to consider that factor!!! so we are also to blame for science now,god what a bunch of trouble makers,right i am done talking with you because your a tit for tat lil 5yr old..bye bye now

cabincrew plz tell me if i am missing something. 175 removed from payroll but 1050 cabin crew in ireland. So 84% can work the new roster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kate74

That is another issue Airlines now want there staff to stay at airport hotels but staff are refusing to do this and want to stay in down town locations does not make since really .
    A cc spokes person was on 5/7 live and gave the DUB BLQ DUB flight as an example of where they need a break alltogether . I have checked and this flight leaves Dub at 11:50 returning to Dub at 17:55 . Each sector is 2hrs 40 minutes long.
    Ruth felt she could not take her break on this flight as unlike other airlines when people wanted a cup of tea she was allways there to serve it
    Ruth I think has forgotten that the days of serving cups of tea are well gone . you are now sold a carton of tea for €2:50 cent
    I have travelled out to AGP loads of times with EI and the crew have had ample time for Breaks on a flight time of 2:30 minutes .
    BLQ is no differant.

Again misinformation. I just listened back to the drivetime interview and the flight referenced was Catania or Sicily not Bologna as you say. I think anyone working a duty of more than 8 hours is entitled to a break but some of the people on this board seem to think Crew are robots.

And cabincrew member don't bother trying to waste your energy replying to some of the misinformed memebrs of this board. There is support for you out there from people who are listening to the facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Well its actually science !!! circadian rhythm...body's biological clock which is triggered by day light etc etc, an employer has an obligation to consider that factor!!! so we are also to blame for science now,god what a bunch of trouble makers,right i am done talking with you because your a tit for tat lil 5yr old..bye bye now

Mu Dad worked nights for 25 years. His employer didn't care whether he was able to sleep during the day or not.

Skadoosh wrote: »
    Cabin crew are carrying out work to rule, not baggage handlers. Not other staff. Pilots are gearing up next. Both cabin crew and pilots have always viewed themselves as "more vital" to the airline than other staff and this is a direct result.

If the company goes down the tube, it won't be the fault of "staff", it will be the fault of a minority of cabin crew who have been led by the nose by Impact who have their own agenda.

That is also rubbish,i am sick of that argument from ground staff,we were only having this conversation the other day,i have no, nor have i ever thought myself above anyone else,in fact i despise that behavior and i would personally tell a crew member what i thought of them if i heard them being rude to ground staff..does it happen i am sure it does but equally from the ground staff,in fact i have experienced ground staff rude to me a few times but i get over it,i am not shallow enough to think their all like that!!!oh and for the record i also worked on the ground so i know to well the crap they have to deal with,i also clearly remember the bitchiness about the crew simply cause they were crew.

• Advertisement

cabincrew plz tell me if i am missing something. 175 removed from payroll but 1050 cabin crew in ireland. So 84% can work the new roster?

Wrong again,flts are still going every day with crew on board but we get suspended when we land ,,,every day the number is increasing by about 30 each day so ur figures are outdated.the more the days go by the more people get suspended,its only a matter of time before we are all suspended. we want to talk 15months of negotiation doesn't make it right what they are doing,both sides need to resolve this..and it will take work on both sides.sooner the better,for everyone.the balls in their court.

kate74 wrote: »
    Again misinformation. I just listened back to the drivetime interview and the flight referenced was Catania or Sicily not Bologna as you say. I think anyone working a duty of more than 8 hours is entitled to a break but some of the people on this board seem to think Crew are robots.

And cabincrew member don't bother trying to waste your energy replying to some of the misinformed memebrs of this board. There is support for you out there from people who are listening to the facts.

Ok Sorry about the wrong flight destination. Are you honestly trying to tell me that on flight sectors of more than two hours it is not possiable for crew to sit down and have a break .......

God be with the days when we had to do
    Free Bar sevice
    Free full meal service
    Free tea and coffee service
    and then full duty free sales after that

Now with paid bar paid sandwichs paninis etc the service is a doddle and there is loads of time even with 1 less crew memeber

Wrong again,flts are still going every day with crew on board but we get suspended when we land ,,,every day the number is increasing by about 30 each day so ur figures are outdated.the more the days go by the more people get suspended,its only a matter of time before we are all suspended. we want to talk 15months of negotiation doesn't make it right what they are doing,both sides need to resolve this..and it will take work on both sides.sooner the better,for everyone.the balls in their court.

No 100 suspended on Jan 21st
    175 by today - Jan 25th.

Not quite 30 each day.

Thank you,i know you are a customer of EI and i am sorry if you have been affected by the disruption,cabin crew are being bullied and intimidated everyday by management and we have had enough of their abuse,the truth will come out and those people will eat their words.we stand by the fact we are all willing and able to work our contracts and in line with arbitration.

That is also rubbish,i am sick of that argument from ground staff,we were only having this conversation the other day,i have no, nor have i ever thought myself above anyone else,in fact i despise that behavior and i would personally tell a crew member what i thought of them if i heard them being rude to ground staff..does it happen i am sure it does but equally from the ground staff,in fact i have experienced ground staff rude to me a few times but i get over it,i am not shallow enough to think their all like that!!!oh and for the record i also worked on the ground so i know to well the crap they have to deal with,i also clearly remember the bitchiness about the crew simply cause they were crew.

Well, I can tell you that I personally heard a cabin crew member state that "I tried to get a mortgage and they were iffy because I was Aer Lingus but then I explained that I was cabin crew and the cutbacks wouldn't affect me". That's not the only similar comment I heard and my DH would be hearing it constantly. Some cabin crew are great, I'll give you that, but believe me there is a definite "them and us" attitude. When it comes to making changes, making concessions, etc., they want the rest of the airline to take the pain while they're exempt. Then when they're finally called upon to make some changes they agree, renege, and then whinge. What about all the other changes ground crew have made over the years, where were you then? You certainly didn't support them when they were on work to rule.

When there was talk of the pilots taking a pay cut, the pilots union came back with a suggestion that ground ops be outsources instead so they could keep their pay rates. Nice.

Unfortunetly for you guys the BALL is in the court of the bankers and financers and you are losing money so fast it is alarming and that is before the present strike
    Here are december 2010 figures
    The airline's total booked passenger numbers were 572,000 in December.

Figures released show that short-haul numbers fell by 27.3 per cent to 504,000 in December. Long-haul passengers were less affected, falling by 6.8 per cent to 68,000.
    Here are your 2009 accounts

AER LINGUS 2009 RESULTS
    Turnover : €1.2 billion (-11%)
    Operating loss : €81m (+305%)
    Net loss : €130.1m (+18.4%)
    Basic loss per share : 24.6c (20.7c)

you had 1.2 billion in reserves in 2008 you will be at the end of this year down to about 500 million how long more can this last
    According to your trading update in OCT you lost 20 million up to JUNE 2010 !!!!!

• Advertisement

Thank you,i know you are a customer of EI and i am sorry if you have been affected by the disruption

Yes she's obviously quite the customer, even takes time to go back and listen to the EI drivetime interview, a free cup of tea is in order next time she's on your flight for commitment like that :D

Well, I can tell you that I personally heard a cabin crew member state that "I tried to get a mortgage and they were iffy because I was Aer Lingus but then I explained that I was cabin crew and the cutbacks wouldn't affect me". That's not the only similar comment I heard and my DH would be hearing it constantly. Some cabin crew are great, I'll give you that, but believe me there is a definite "them and us" attitude. When it comes to making changes, making concessions, etc., they want the rest of the airline to take the pain while they're exempt. Then when they're finally called upon to make some changes they agree, renege, and then whinge. What about all the other changes ground crew have made over the years, where were you then? You certainly didn't support them when they were on work to rule.

When there was talk of the pilots taking a pay cut, the pilots union came back with a suggestion that ground ops be outsources instead so they could keep their pay rates. Nice.

Well i wont comment on something i know nothing about,if that's what you say then fine...

Unfortunetly for you guys the BALL is in the court of the bankers and financers and you are losing money so fast it is alarming and that is before the present strike
    Here are december 2010 figures
    The airline's total booked passenger numbers were 572,000 in December.

Figures released show that short-haul numbers fell by 27.3 per cent to 504,000 in December. Long-haul passengers were less affected, falling by 6.8 per cent to 68,000.
    Here are your 2009 accounts

AER LINGUS 2009 RESULTS
    Turnover : €1.2 billion (-11%)
    Operating loss : €81m (+305%)
    Net loss : €130.1m (+18.4%)
    Basic loss per share : 24.6c (20.7c)

you had 1.2 billion in reserves in 2008 you will be at the end of this year down to about 500 million how long more can this last
    According to your trading update in OCT you lost 20 million up to JUNE 2010 !!!!!

I understand that,just to reiterate we are not against our wage cuts and increase in flt hours etc,we are opposing that the new rosters have nothing to do with productivity but a lot to do with making our work/life balance very difficult...again i will say how does taking away ones right to request a weekend off every 8 weeks increase productivity?

I understand that,just to reiterate we are not against our wage cuts and increase in flt hours etc,we are opposing that the new rosters have nothing to do with productivity but a lot to do with making our work/life balance very difficult...again i will say how does taking away ones right to request a weekend off every 8 weeks increase productivity?

Stop harping on about how difficult your new rosters are if not one single EI cabin crew member is prepared to upload it for the public to see.

Skadoosh if my husband was working for bullyboy management like this I would be worried that he is next to be targeted with even worse conditions that he already presumably has.

• Advertisement

Skadoosh if my husband was working for bullyboy management like this I would be worried that he is next to be targeted with even worse conditions that he already presumably has.

Have you not being reading my posts Kate74?

Ground crew have been there, done that, given the concessions. Cabin crew don't want to. They'd like everybody else in the company to make the concessions to subsidise them. Not going to happen.

And I know the company will probably be back next year or the year after squeezing harder. It's been a constant thing for the over 20 years my husband has been in the airline. It's par for the course now. There's not much more to squeeze out of them but they'll try. But you know what? He likes his job, he's loves working with passengers, he'll leave if it gets untenable. Really untenable, not just "I have to eat my lunch on the plane, oh no, workshop conditions".

Stop harping on about how difficult your new rosters are if not one single EI cabin crew member is prepared to upload it for the public to see.
    I agree whole heartly here

Also demanding to have breaks all together on the ground costs the Airline a fortune in both extra payments for crew, and letting very expensive aircraft sit there instead of doing what they were made for and fly .
    The Airline canot afford this and the sooner crew realise there is nobody else to turn to when the cash runs out the better for all

Have you not being reading my posts Kate74?

Ground crew have been there, done that, given the concessions. Cabin crew don't want to. They'd like everybody else in the company to make the concessions to subsidise them. Not going to happen.

And I know the company will probably be back next year or the year after squeezing harder. It's been a constant thing for the over 20 years my husband has been in the airline. It's par for the course now. There's not much more to squeeze out of them but they'll try. But you know what? He likes his job, he's loves working with passengers, he'll leave if it gets untenable. Really untenable, not just "I have to eat my lunch on the plane, oh no, workshop conditions".

Yes I have been reading your posts and cabin crew have taken as many payfreezes and cuts as other sections (without the payoff that others got 2 years ago) There is nothing left to squeeze out of cabincrew hence them standing up for themselves and saying enough is enough something your DH may have to do when they go after him next.

I hope you have more manners with your customers onboard than you display here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I've been reading this thread all along..

Just a few observations and thoughts..

I have never had time for unions of any sort, in my opinion there is legislation to cover employee rights. I find most unions very aggressive and not always in the best interest of the employee.

Ok, so in this thread nearly everything has been covered, I do understand work/life balance, also the economic crisis has affected everyone in one way or another.

I always look at stuff like this from this point of view:

If you owned/were totally reponsible for the company (in this case AL) and the money made by the company was your only means of paying your bills, feeding your kids etc..

So, if you were AL management, if you ran the company, what would you do to fix it and keep the money coming in?

I'm not on one side or the other, I've read all posts. To be honest I can't afford to fly anywhere nor do I need to fly for work. So it doesn't affect me personally.

In any job I have ever had there are T & C, a lot has changed for a lot of people recently and nearly everyone I know has had paycuts and now the higher tax rates. Also nearly everyone I know who are still working have had to change their working hours/shifts because "the company" is under pressure or at risk.

Just curious to see how it could/might be fixed/solved? :)

I hope you have more manners with your customers onboard than you display here

I have the utmost respect for my customers,i am a people person and love looking after people,that's why i love the job,however i am not prepared to put up with the crap Ive put up with from that poster the last 3days,its also my giving right to speak my mind when i am off duty.

Yes I have been reading your posts and cabin crew have taken as many payfreezes and cuts as other sections (without the payoff that others got 2 years ago) There is nothing left to squeeze out of cabincrew hence them standing up for themselves and saying enough is enough something your DH may have to do when they go after him next.

Have they? Where have you "read" this? (Of course you're not talking from personal knowledge because you're not cabin crew). So you read this in a newspaper? Well, it's not true. Simple as that.

They've gone after my DH numerous times. As I've said. He's been in the company for almost five times the amount of time cabincrew has worked there so he's been hit a lot more times. And he's given, and given, and given, as have other ground crew. Cabin crew have not been as hard hit because they're more militant and the reality is it's easier to replace catering staff or boarding crew with management if necessary, than to replace cabin crew, because you don't have to have particular training to do catering/baggage. And yes, I'm saying that cabin crew have a skilled job, never suggested otherwise. But that doesn't mean they don't have to share the pain to keep the airline afloat rather than expecting everyone else to do it for them.

If you're not cabincrew and you're only arguing with what you've read in the paper, as you've stated, then can I suggest you change newspapers? Because this is just completely wrong (and dare I say it, biased for somebody who declares themselves neutral).

foxinsox wrote: »
    I've been reading this thread all along..

Just a few observations and thoughts..

I have never had time for unions of any sort, in my opinion there is legislation to cover employee rights. I find most unions very aggressive and not always in the best interest of the employee.

Ok, so in this thread nearly everything has been covered, I do understand work/life balance, also the economic crisis has affected everyone in one way or another.

I always look at stuff like this from this point of view:

If you owned/were totally reponsible for the company (in this case AL) and the money made by the company was your only means of paying your bills, feeding your kids etc..

So, if you were AL management, if you ran the company, what would you do to fix it and keep the money coming in?

I'm not on one side or the other, I've read all posts. To be honest I can't afford to fly anywhere nor do I need to fly for work. So it doesn't affect me personally.

In any job I have ever had there are T & C, a lot has changed for a lot of people recently and nearly everyone I know has had paycuts and now the higher tax rates. Also nearly everyone I know who are still working have had to change their working hours/shifts because "the company" is under pressure or at risk.

Just curious to see how it could/might be fixed/solved? :)

If the company come to the table and talk that's a start,we are not fighting about pay cuts extra hours etc we are fighting for the right to have a balance between life and work,no work 60hours one week 7days in a row,followed by 35 the next and so on,190duty in 28days...i am sitting looking at it in black and white.where is the balance in that.yes we want to be loyal to our company but also our families.

foxinsox wrote: »

:)

Well if I was AL management I certainly wouldn't be wasting nearly half a million a day hiring in competitor aircraft to operate flights.

Regarding your question on how this can be fixed, god only knows.:) I think it is more complex than just crew wanting to have a sandwich during the day!

Well if I was AL management I certainly wouldn't be wasting nearly half a million a day hiring in competitor aircraft to operate flights.

How do you know there wasting half a million on hiring planes daily. In case you didn't know Ryanair gave them less than market rates ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement