Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aerlingus Cabin Crew want the best of both worlds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 xxx000

mandy30 wrote: »
    Seeing they have no answer I will summarise for you.

Pre flight briefing
    Board - security checks
    Greet passengers - announcements
    Demo
    Take off
    Out with bar and food trolley
    Duty free
    Collect empties
    THAT IS END OF SERVICE
    Secure cabin for landing
    Say bye bye to all pax
    Clean cabin for return flight (cross seatbelts and pick up visible litter)

AND REPEAT

Mandy, call me a hpocrite but you are a LIAR! You have never worked for EI - no cabin crew has ever "cleaned cabin for return flight" OR "crossed seatbelts". Not now, not 6 years ago when you were "apparently" there, not 26 years ago!!! Other airlines, like ryanair yes, but not EI!!!! IF you had EVER worked for them, YOU would know this!!!!!! So call me a hypocrite all you like!!!! But you've never worked for them, so all this "inside" info your claiming to have is nothing but complete and utter rubbish!!!! And come up with whatever rubbish you like now to claim you did but it's complete lies!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭mandy30

xxx000 wrote: »
    Mandy, call me a hpocrite but you are a LIAR! You have never worked for EI - no cabin crew has ever "cleaned cabin for return flight" OR "crossed seatbelts". Not now, not 6 years ago when you were "apparently" there, not 26 years ago!!! Other airlines, like ryanair yes, but not EI!!!! IF you had EVER worked for them, YOU would know this!!!!!! So call me a hypocrite all you like!!!! But you've never worked for them, so all this "inside" info your claiming to have is nothing but complete and utter rubbish!!!! And come up with whatever rubbish you like now to claim you did but it's complete lies!!!!!

That is where you are WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!

You know NOTHING. You are going on the crap your sister is telling you anyway!!

If you are so for EI, then you can go and take her job once she gets the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

They are hoovered at request. And if an aircraft gets in early they cannot board til check in's closed. In amstersam I've heard that can be a major problem. So they could be on ground for an hour and still leave on time.
    All bins also have to be emptied as a security risk or breach or whatever that would be and do they not cross seatbelts.

Once again contraditicing yourself. You only said a few hours ago that they clean the cabin and cross seatbelts, look above!

kevinmcc wrote: »
    Once again contraditicing yourself. You only said a few hours ago that they clean the cabin and cross seatbelts, look above!

Kevin,

Dont listen to them. They don't work there themselves AND NEVER HAVE.

Its people like that who think they know everything, but know NOTHING. Everything they are saying is based on NO actual WORKING EXPERIENCE as cabin crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Skadoosh

Didn't you say they have to cross seatbelts and pick up litter? :confused:

Thanks Kevin, just saw your post.

I wonder where 'cabincrew' has gone to aka Gwen, the senior cabin crew at EI? She never made a very wise decision, as she posted the same information here on another site giving out her name and title, meaning that if EI Management are watching, they could very well dismiss her for telling fibs!

:D
    I wonder where 'cabincrew' has gone to aka Gwen, the senior cabin crew at EI? She never made a very wise decision, as she posted the same information here on another site giving out her name and title, meaning that if EI Management are watching, they could very well dismiss her for telling fibs!

She is away off crossing seatbelts.

Aye, I seen her too on other websites saying the same. With a picture up linking to her facebook account.
    Smart.

Yeah kevin read the post again!!! The cleaners do that not the crew as pointed out by "ex-EI" Mandy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kate74

This meal break issue has been talked to the death on this forum ;) It would be apparent that crew can get a 30 min staggered break on long flights or flights that are not busy or have high passenger load. Great.

HOWEVER as cabincrew poster has stated on this forum and from online and newspaper articles it is plain to see it's the busy 11 hour double duty day eg going over and back to Amsterdam twice where there is no opportunity to take a 30 min break anywhere. OF course they can eat something but not having a proper break that all workers not matter what job should be entitled to, it's a basic human right.

• Advertisement

Yeah kevin read the post again!!! The cleaners do that not the crew as pointed out by "ex-EI" Mandy!!!

No cleaners get on the plane when its a turnaround flight, the exception being the US..get your facts right before you bash other members please.

How long have you been with EI????

How would you know if they crossed seatbelts back in 2001 or after? Even if for a short time before they threw their toys out of the pram for that too?

You DID NOT WORK THERE, so DO NOT have FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE OF IT!!

Until you actually know wht you are on about, then stop making an eejit of yourself on here.

She is away off crossing seatbelts.

Aye, I seen her too on other websites saying the same. With a picture up linking to her facebook account.
    Smart.

You are just too hilarious!!!! But your still a LIAR!!! You've never worked for them!!!!

kate74 wrote: »
    This meal break issue has been talked to the death on this forum ;) It would be apparent that crew can get a 30 min staggered break on long flights or flights that are not busy or have high passenger load. Great.

HOWEVER as cabincrew poster has stated on this forum and from online and newspaper articles it is plain to see it's the busy 11 hour double duty day eg going over and back to Amsterdam twice where there is no opportunity to take a 30 min break anywhere. OF course they can eat something but not having a proper break that all workers not matter what job should be entitled to, it's a basic human right.

So it's a big issue of unfair work practices and a scandalous example of bully boy management until it turns out to be a big fib, then it's suddenly "talked to death" and not important any more? :rolleyes:

Other EI staff get 2 x 15 minute breaks over the course of a working day. Are their basic human rights being denied too?

There was plenty of talk about cabin crew fainting from hunger. Now it's "of course they can eat something".

Stop digging holes.

And are you John posting on journal.ie?

No cleaners get on the plane when its a turnaround flight, the exception being the US..get your facts right before you bash other members please.

Oh my god???? Are you serious? Cleaners get on at every turnaround bar the 30 min ones!!!!! You need to get YOUR facts straight!!!

• Advertisement

You are just too hilarious!!!! But your still a LIAR!!! You've never worked for them!!!!

And you can prove that I didnt????? WHY WOULD I LIE???

I still have my old staff number....I can tell you who trained me. I can tell you who conducted my supernumery flight.

But no point in telling you all this, right?

AS YOU DONT WORK THERE!!!!!!!!!!

How long have you been with EI????

How would you know if they crossed seatbelts back in 2001 or after? Even if for a short time before they threw their toys out of the pram for that too?

You DID NOT WORK THERE, so DO NOT have FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE OF IT!!

Until you actually know wht you are on about, then stop making an eejit of yourself on here.

Can Skadoosh not verify from her husband that EI crew have NEVER cleaned planes!!!!! Not even 6 years ago dear!!!!! Your a liar need I say it again!!!!

Can Skadoosh not verify from her husband that EI crew have NEVER cleaned planes!!!!! Not even 6 years ago dear!!!!! Your a liar need I say it again!!!!

Lol. :):)

Idiot.

And you can prove that I didnt????? WHY WOULD I LIE???

I still have my old staff number....I can tell you who trained me. I can tell you who conducted my supernumery flight.

But no point in telling you all this, right?

AS YOU DONT WORK THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead, I can easily get someone to check!!!! But you don't have any such info!!!!!

Go ahead, I can easily get someone to check!!!! But you don't have any such info!!!!!

You have contacts in crew control now?

Lol. :)

• Advertisement

Lol. :):)

Idiot.

Your d idiot tying yourself up in your LIES!!!!!! Oh your mad ya've been found out to be d liar that ya are!!!!!!!!!!

Your d idiot tying yourself up in your LIES!!!!!! Oh your mad ya've been found out to be d liar that ya are!!!!!!!!!!

So how do you work that one out then Einstein?

You have contacts in crew control now?

Lol. :)
    yeah actually!!!!!

Skadoosh wrote: »
    So it's a big issue of unfair work practices and a scandalous example of bully boy management until it turns out to be a big fib, then it's suddenly "talked to death" and not important any more? :rolleyes:

Other EI staff get 2 x 15 minute breaks over the course of a working day. Are their basic human rights being denied too?

There was plenty of talk about cabin crew fainting from hunger. Now it's "of course they can eat something".

Stop digging holes.

there are many other issues but the meal break seems to be getting the most focus. Whoever said they won't eat is a fib saying they won't get 30 minutes which they have been saying is the truth.

yeah actually!!!!!

And you think that by them giving out confidential information about my staff number is allowed?

GET A GRIP.

Impact have included on their Facebook page a link to an article in thejournal.ie which includes lots of comments by cabin crew.

Some of which are:

"I assume that you like most other employees are entitled and protected under the Working Time Act which provides you with the comfort right to take a break from work and eat a meal. A day which would consist of approx 8-9 hours normal work where you are entitled to over 1 hour free from any duties you are required to undertake. As Cabin crew you could be expected to work for ELEVEN hours with no such provision under the new rostering arrangements in Aer Lingus"

"what i didnt sign up for is the harresment of management, the strees of not knowing is it me thats going to be suspended because i took my meal break because ive worked 10hrs straight"

"Meal break entitlements have been removed from ALL European flights, which can go up to 11 hours. (Without delays)"

But of course this isn't important now. Ahem, ahem. Moving rapidly on :rolleyes:

I must call up crew control now myself and ask for personal details of staff.

Great.

Not only are EI staff now unwilling to work, they are indiscreet too. Wonderful.

So how do you work that one out then Einstein?

Ya can't and won't prove that ya worked there!
    "idiot"

"idiot"

I dont need to prove anything to you. A person who is reiterating all your information 2nd hand.

I must call up crew control now myself and ask for personal details of staff.

Great.

Not only are EI staff now unwilling to work, they are indiscreet too. Wonderful.
    You asked did I know anyone there and I do!!!!! If My sister were to print off your LIES and bring them in to a supervisor with your "staff Number" I'm sure they'd look into it to shut your lying trap!!!!!

• Advertisement

"idiot"

Exactly. You have no proof or basis for your 'theory'.

Just because you dont like me, doesnt mean I didnt work there!

GET OVER IT.

You asked did I know anyone there and I do!!!!! If My sister were to print off your LIES and bring them in to a supervisor with your "staff Number" I'm sure they'd look into it to shut your lying trap!!!!!

They cant shut my lying trap!

I no longer work there and can say what the hell I like!!

Hahahahahhaha!

Am not saying anything that did not happen!

Impact have included on their Facebook page a link to an article in thejournal.ie which includes lots of comments by cabin crew.

Some of which are:

"I assume that you like most other employees are entitled and protected under the Working Time Act which provides you with the comfort right to take a break from work and eat a meal. A day which would consist of approx 8-9 hours normal work where you are entitled to over 1 hour free from any duties you are required to undertake. As Cabin crew you could be expected to work for ELEVEN hours with no such provision under the new rostering arrangements in Aer Lingus"

"what i didnt sign up for is the harresment of management, the strees of not knowing is it me thats going to be suspended because i took my meal break because ive worked 10hrs straight"

"Meal break entitlements have been removed from ALL European flights, which can go up to 11 hours. (Without delays)"

But of course this isn't important now. Ahem, ahem. Moving rapidly on :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's not important it's just the topic has gone on for about a million pages on this forum, someone said something about circles in an earlier post.

They cant shut my lying trap!

I no longer work there and can say what the hell I like!!

Hahahahahhaha!

You NEVER worked there!!! I know it, you know it!!!! Ya lying idiot ya!!!!! And you've lucky "friends" in EI haven't ya when you're sayin this crap about them!!!!!!!

I say we all give the circles a rest. Then come back after the diciplinaries are getting somewhere.

Then we have something new to discuss.

Oh my god???? Are you serious? Cleaners get on at every turnaround bar the 30 min ones!!!!! You need to get YOUR facts straight!!!

They do not get on the turnarounds in cities like London, Manchester, Brussells. You've even now admitted that cleaners do not get on 30 min turnarounds. so let me ask you who crosses the seatbelts for these, the Captain and FO? I bet the crew would like that.

You NEVER worked there!!! I know it, you know it!!!! Ya lying idiot ya!!!!! And you've lucky "friends" in EI haven't ya when you're sayin this crap about them!!!!!!!

I can say what I like. Especially when I know its true.

Truth hurts, doesnt it????

Thats why you are so touchy. You know IT IS ALL TRUE!

I'm not saying it's not important it's just the topic has gone on for about a million pages on this forum, someone said something about circles in an earlier post.

But Kate74, do you not think that if you are being misled about one aspect of the dispute, possibly the rest of the claims are equally without foundation?

That would be my concern.

They do not get on the turnarounds in cities like London, Manchester, Brussells. You've even now admitted that cleaners do not get on 30 min turnarounds. so let me ask you who crosses the seatbelts for these, the Captain and FO? I bet the crew would like that.

They prob would. Its beneath them now.

In 2004/5 we had to cross seatbelts and empty seat pockets of rubbish.

They prob scrapped it soon after, but I had high tailed it by then.

• Advertisement

They prob would. Its beneath them now.

In 2004/5 we had to cross seatbelts and empty seat pockets of rubbish.

They prob scrapped it soon after, but I had high tailed it by then.

Even though XXXooo has never worked there EVER, they will say this is untrue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Jeebus, some of the posts on this thread are childish! Seriously.

But Kate74, do you not think that if you are being misled about one aspect of the dispute, possibly the rest of the claims are equally without foundation?

That would be my concern.

Being misled how? can't believe I'm saying this again but the crew want a break on busy double shifts where there is no opportunity to stagger the break etc as there simply is not enough time as you are up and down on 1 hour 10 min flights 4 times in the day, that is the issue regarding breaks as far as I can see. I don't really know what else to say. round and round and round

Being misled how? can't believe I'm saying this again but the crew want a break on busy double shifts where there is no opportunity to stagger the break etc as there simply is not enough time as you are up and down on 1 hour 10 min flights 4 times in the day, that is the issue regarding breaks as far as I can see. I don't really know what else to say. round and round and round

If they are staggered breaks, there is time for breaks. Even on an LHR. For one person.
    That is the thing.

The issue is they are griping as they want their break for a full 30 mins on the ground.

Isn't the staggering of the breaks the concern of the cabin crew manager to sort out, why would cabin crew need to worry? Perhaps if the cabin crew manager cannot allocate breaks they either need to find out how it's done from EI CC Managers at Belfast or else they aren't up to the job of being a manager.

It's not round and round Kate. Foxinbox asked why his question about the 11 hour meal break wasn't answered. I clarified for him.

You're the one saying it doesn't matter. So go back to my post of quotes and tell me if that doesn't bother you at all, that they're completely misleading the public. Because it bothers me, a lot.

You can't claim it's a circular argument just because you don't like where it's leading.

• Advertisement

Isn't the staggering of the breaks the concern of the cabin crew manager to sort out, why would cabin crew need to worry? Perhaps if the cabin crew manager cannot allocate breaks they either need to find out how it's done from EI CC Managers at Belfast or else they aren't up to the job of being a manager.

It is totally possible to have staggered breaks. On short LHR's.

The union have made this into a mountain of an issue.

I think once and for all, IMPACT have finally messed themselves up - and taken all the company with them.

I dind't say the break didn't matter. Jeez before I get into another 10 posts on this I'm outta here!

Skadoosh I can understand that this whole worrying situation must be so difficult for you and anyone working or with families in Aer Lingus. I really hope it gets sorted very soon

It is totally possible to have staggered breaks. On short LHR's.

The union have made this into a mountain of an issue.

I think once and for all, IMPACT have finally messed themselves up - and taken all the company with them.

I realise it's possible. What I don't understand is why Cabin Crew are on here saying it's not. It will be the Cabin Crew Manager's duty onboard to ensure that each crew member receives time for a meal and drink if their duty time exceeds 6 hours. This is as per law. If the Cabin Crew Manager is not able to stagger time for everyone over the course of the day, i'm sure there is a process to complain about it.

I realise it's possible. What I don't understand is why Cabin Crew are on here saying it's not. It will be the Cabin Crew Manager's duty onboard to ensure that each crew member receives time for a meal and drink if their duty time exceeds 6 hours. This is as per law. If the Cabin Crew Manager is not able to stagger time for everyone over the course of the day, i'm sure there is a process to complain about it.

I know that. You know that. Plenty of people on here know it too.

It just seems the majority of cabin crew do not get it.

I have been accused of being bitter.

Bitter is a very strong word, I prefer to use the word disgusted.

My reason is - I worked with EI for quite a while. I left. I worked for another airline. Then I packed in flying altogether to go travelling.

I have worked in 'civvy' jobs since.

Last year I was unemployed for 7 months as one company I was with closed down.

So having had experience of working with EI, and knowing the conditions are not as bad as they believe they are.
    And also having experience of 7 months on the dole - through no fault of my own - I know which situation I would pick.

A bit of perspective is needed urgently by ccrew.

Having been on both sides of the fence I can see that.

And if people dont like me for it, then so be it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement